Hiya

Kirsti

MumOf3Boys And Pregnant!
Reaction score
hello im kirsti ive posted in here a while ago but i wanted to pop back in and hopefulluy meet some mums :)
i have a 4 year old son who has just been diagnosed with D.V.D (Developmental Verbal Dyspraxia) he has severe speech problems as he has none :( but he is a bright beautiful wee boy and i adore him. they say he doesnt have ASD spectrum but i dont think i believe it? he has alot of signs but i suppose they know best.
i just wanted to say hi and see if any one would chat etc as i am quite alone as people dont have a clue even friends are unaware of how hard it is with Zak,
xxxx

Hi Kirsti :D

Do you mind me asking how you communicate with Zak? Has he learnt any sign language? And (without me googling DVD ;) ) what is the prognosis?

I'm happy to chat :rofl: Our little boy is two years old. He was born very premature and tiny, and then had a period of epilepsy in his first year. As a result he is about six months delayed developmentally, and also has a hearing impairment which because of his development and behaviour, they cannot yet measure and aid him adequately. He can hear some pitches of sound but not others. He is not speaking at all yet, not even making consonant sounds; and again because of his other issues, we haven't succeeded in teaching him any signing.

We use Makaton :) and theres a chance he may not talk but hes doing ace! he had no speech by 2 years which i just thought he was slower then his brother who is 10 month younger started and hasnt stopped!!! now Harry our youngest he is talking now to which is hard :( but it is very hard going.
aww that must be hard for u with ur lil boy to! xx

My middle daughter is developmentally delayed including speech. She's 3 and on her second round of speech therapy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->