Hmmmmm i don't know if this is right

Mrs L

Reaction score
Ok so Niamh is now nearly 5 months old 1 month ago the HV told me not to start solids until her weight dropped. So 3 weeks ago her weight dropped and the HV told me i was ridiculous to let that happen and i couldn't get any more stupid! Erm HELLO i asked you last week but anyway thats by the by.

Niamh went completely off milk and only got back into it now she is on solids, she is very happy contented and sleeps 12 hours at night. Also she will not eat unless there is 4 hours inbetween even when she was just on milk.

So now i have started solids and this is what she has.

9:30am 3oz organix cereal water and a 7oz bottle of milk
13:30pm 1 jar fruity type thing water and a 7oz bottle of milk
17:30pm 1jar veggie type thing water and a 7oz bottle of milk
8:30pm 7oz bottle of milk before bed.

Do you think this is too much not enough?

Hiya hun...im no expert on weaning but i just wanted to say your HV sounds like a nob:)

Id be so so mad! xx

that is just what i am doing with tom! but he wont take all the wilk, usually leaves 3 oz in each bottle

hey girls,

Thanks for that and yes my HV is a nob i am taking Niamh to get weighed tomorrow with the hope she has put on weight so i can just laugh in her face! ( sorry thats a bit mean isn't it! lol)

Awhh how is Tom doing? I am glad i am not the only one doing this routine everyone else seems to be doing milk seperate so feeding somthing every 2 hours. Niamh just wouldn't entertain that if i did it.

how did she weigh??

tom went off his food entirely due to a bad bout of flu. now he is better, he is back on solids, but he is trying to catch up and is drinking 8oz - the after two hours having food. i dont think he will keep it up though. i a, not sure what to do when he has caught up. how much milk are they supposed to have when weaned?

Tell your hv to naff off a baby shouldnt lose weight it should be gaining as long as your sensible and feed baby as per guideline on say a jar of food or packet for example but obviously listen to your baby if baby leaving some feed less if baby still hungry feed more i once had a hv tell me i mustve been overfeeding i wasnt baby was just really hungry i sent her packing ! you know your baby best of all go with your instinct and any excess weight will burn off once baby is mobile

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->