Hobbies

oliv

Reaction score
I'd really love a hobby but don't know what to do

Inspire me with your hobbies

pole dancing and probably now the gym lol

I'm a bit of a crafter so I make stuff from time to time. I use a sewing machine or occasionally do something different like candle/soap making. Pinterest has lots of great unusual crafts too, I'll often try my hand at something on there.
I also love reading so I usually have a couple of books on the go.
OH and I have started going on paranormal investigations which is a weirdly fun hobby. I'm a total skeptic but it's pretty fun just to sit in the dark and tell ghost stories, which is what tends to happen when it's quiet! He's going travelling at the end of this month so by the time he's back the next one we'll get a chance to go to will be Halloween, and it's going to be a big one, overnight in an old abandoned hospital - I can't wait!
I've got into films a lot lately too so I go the cinema a fair bit.

Baking and decorating cakes
Digital art
Painting things onto canvas (mainly the works of lichtenstein and Banksy, my favourite artists)
Playing online games on my xbox on
Photography
Fitness and weight lifting

I would like to take up some form of knitting or crochet but I don't know where to start!

Photography - I got a DSLR 2 yrs ago, and am really trying to learn all about it. Been trying to get good enough with it to do my own pics of the kids rather than taking them to ridiculously expensive studios for pics.
Scrapbooking (although I haven't had time for this since DS2 was born...)
Crafts with the kids (tons of ideas on Pinterest)

I like going gym, reading and computer games

Dancing (ballroom, latin & ballet at the mo), running and occasionally yoga. Reading (mostly chic lit). Knitting (very basic). I love the great outdoors too and go for lots of walks around National Trust gardens etc. I want to start volunteering with animals but haven't quite got around to that yet.

No one likes my hobbies...lol
-I have a huge telescope, so astronomy amazes me. I learned the sky very quickly!
-Reptiles, I have a whole mess of them. Even some (a lot) of tarantulas. They creeped me out until I interacted with one, an adult pink toe, and now they just fascinate me!
-Video games. Mainly Call of Duty, Fallout3, etc
-Working out. I work out from home, and run outside. I have a growing crossfit gym in my garage, but started out with just some weights and such!

I don't have anything at the moment but I'd really like to get into golf (I am aware that makes me sound like a 60 yr old fart!!)
I also like exercise classes and baking

-I have a huge telescope, so astronomy amazes me. I learned the sky very quickly!
-Reptiles, I have a whole mess of them. Even some (a lot) of tarantulas. They creeped me out until I interacted with one, an adult pink toe, and now they just fascinate me!
-Working out. I work out from home, and run outside. I have a growing crossfit gym in my garage, but started out with just some weights and such!

My sisters are big hobby astronomers, it's actually really interesting! I'd never get into it like them though, they go driving into the country in the early hours and set up this big Dobsonian telescope in the middle of nowhere to catch certain stars etc. Too hardcore, I'd rather be in bed :lol:
It's amazing what you can see up there though.

EEK, spiders creep me out. Mainly because I always seem to get bit by them, though. I don't know if I have a scent they really hate/like or what, but I have been bitten by spiders a ridiculous number of times. HATE them. I'm the epitome of those pics you see on FB of a house on fire, with the comment, "I think I got the spider"

EEK, spiders creep me out. Mainly because I always seem to get bit by them, though. I don't know if I have a scent they really hate/like or what, but I have been bitten by spiders a ridiculous number of times. HATE them. I'm the epitome of those pics you see on FB of a house on fire, with the comment, "I think I got the spider"

You know, they REALLY creeped me out too! I was strictly reptiles for a loooong time. I went to the shop to get some rats, and one of the guys had this HUGE female pink toe tarantula out. I was just watching her and he said "do you want to hold her?!" and without even getting a chance to answer he sat her big furry ass on my arm. I was so skeeved out, but then kind of just watched her and she was amazing! I brought home a spiderling pink toe that same day. Now I have 11 different species, and they are all different and fascinating. I own some of the most colorful species in the world. If people wouldn't hate me for it, I'd post some pictures, but I respect people's fears! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->