Holden or Abram?

AMarie471

Reaction score
We are expecting our third son in July and are having trouble deciding on a name. Our first 2 sons are Silas Derrick and Callum Theodore. The middle name will be Joseph after my dad. So far, we really like these 2:

Holden Joseph
Abram Joseph

Out of these two, which one do you like the best and why? What other choices do you think we should consider (nothing in the top 100 please)?

Thanks in advance!

Love Joseph but not keen on either of the first names, sorry :( don't think they go with your other children's names either... Reuben was the first name I thought of x

Oh that's tough, I've always liked the literary reference with Holden but it's not my favorite as a name itself. Abram is nice but it doesn't seem to go with your other kids' names IMO.

To me Silas and Atticus always go together really nicely and you get the awesome literary reference with that too (though maybe you don't care about that as much as I do haha).

A Holden is a make of car in my part of the world, so to me it's like naming a baby Toyota or Mazda. So for that reason I would not choose it - Abram is nice but I'd never heard of that name before.

I prefer Abram.

What about Lucian, or Dashiell?

I like Abram Joseph but can't help feeling that it looks like a spelling error of Abraham (which I prefer), Abel is also really nice, I'd use it but it doesn't go with our surname 😒 X

I definitely prefer Abram from your list with it being a strong Biblical name. However, I think it is a bit "matchy" with your son Callum. I don't like Holden at all- to me it sounds like a surname, not a first name.

I didn't check these against the top 100 list but what about:

Darin Joseph
Lincoln Joseph
Everett Joseph
Dominic Joseph
Malachi Joseph
Milo Joseph

Abram is a village right next to where I live so I wouldn't go for that myself. Holden just doesnt sound like a name? No offence.

I love Abram and think it goes really well with your older boys' names actually. I'm not a fan of Holden personally. Can't put my finger on why but I don't think it sounds great. So I'd definitely opt for Abram. For other suggestions, how about Noam, Amir or Raffael?

I really love both names!!!
I have a friend that named her last baby Holden. So cute!

Another name that I absolutely LOVE which is unique, is Micah.
I think Micah Joseph flows really well together too.
Either name you pick will be wonderful!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->