Holes in knees, school trouser hell!

Fredapain

Reaction score
Please tell me I'm not alone in this.

We're down to one last pair to make it to the end of term in 3 weeks. The record was 7 days wear before his knee went through a pair. I've tried cheap trousers, expensive trousers, reinforced knee trousers and even my own reinforced knee patches, but all have been no good. He won't wear shorts to school when warm *sigh*.

I'm so hoping when he moves to Year 1 in September and he has a desk to sit at, that we'll be able to save a small fortune in school trousers!

We have this. DS has gotten through about 20 pairs of chinos since September. He is quite slim so the regular school trousers are so baggy around the legs and he trips himself up. We have 2 pairs left. 1 pair are days away from huge knee holes. We actually had one pair that were brand new in the am and ripped by the end of the school day. I could cry. I was thinking duct tape around the knees.

We have this too. We're also down to the last pair without holes in the knee. I was trying to not buy another pair, but I think I am going to have to admit defeat and get a new pair :dohh:

My eldest is always ripping holes into his trousers, yet my youngest hasn't ripped a single pair. I've asked him how he keeps doing it and I just get a shrug.

Phew, so glad we're not alone! I've been wondering if my DS has abnormally boney pointy knees, haha!

I'm liking the idea of duct tape, better than my idea of a kneeling mat. Although it would fit neatly in a book bag. My DS rolled his eyes at me thinking I was serious!

We got ours from M&S and still have the same 4 pairs I bought back in sept, they're not worn at all, and he goes to breakfast and afterschool club so they get a lot of wear.

I have a similar issue but ours is with school jumpers!

Are school trousers made of such rubbish material or something? I just bought a big bag of leather scraps so thinking I'll sew leather knee patches onto DD's trousers as its really hard to tear leather, but she doesn't have a uniform, guess it might not be allowed?

Ugh I've been there. I'm celebrating the fact that I've not had to replace any trousers this year :happydance:
I tell myself that it's down to my idea to switch from M&S trousers to Debenhams, but in reality I think it's more to do with Lucas growing out of his "Peter Rabbit" phase :dohh::haha:

We have this. DS has gotten through about 20 pairs of chinos since September. He is quite slim so the regular school trousers are so baggy around the legs and he trips himself up. We have 2 pairs left. 1 pair are days away from huge knee holes. We actually had one pair that were brand new in the am and ripped by the end of the school day. I could cry. I was thinking duct tape around the knees.

Next do a slim fit range of school trousers. My daughter needed them.

Next and Debenhams are top of my list to try in September! Our last pair of trousers didn't last a week let alone the hoped 3 weeks, and I splashed out on an m&s pair and they've gone today! DS has 5 days left and luckily has given into the warm weather and said he'll wear shorts! Little does he know he'll be wearing them till it gets too chilly next term, haha, to save me some cash!

My son tore sooo many holes in his jeans this past school year, I lost count how many pairs of jeans we went through. I know I probably had to buy jeans at least 4 times during the school year. It was honestly ridiculous the number of pants ruined.

It's crazy. Since my DS has consented to wear shorts he's come home with filthy knees that need scrubbing clean, lol! No wonder his trousers get holes in them.

I have this problem with jeans with my son! Every pair I buy him ends up with a massive hole on each knee. Drives me crazy haha xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->