holiday on Tuesday can i ask for early scan

Angel17

Reaction score
I'm off on hols abroad on Tuesday and to be honest we never planned pregnancy we were going to try after and yes we did it once but I avoided my ovulation days or so I thought. Anyway yesterday I had a weird shark poking pain on and off left lower back hip side if that makes? My first trimester with my daughter bled a fairbit and spotting so nnowI want peace of mind before hols. Thing is I think I am just under 6 weeks but really not sure at all. If I go to early pregnancy will they ease my mind? Anyone else think I'm paranoid? I have also in past had one eearly miscarriage.

Hi hun,

I found out i was preg the day before we flew to Spain for a week. I must admit i was an anxious wreck the whole time but thats because of my history. If i were you i would go and relax and enjoy your holiday but if u are still concerned ring your local epu and just ask for their advice xx

Hi!

I'm not sure how our health care plans would differ, but as far as I know, unless there is pain and/or bleeding you won't be given a scan. However, with your history it might be an option? You could also pay for one if not if it helps to give you some piece of mind.

Enjoy your holiday and congratulations!

Congratulations Hun! I know it is a worrying time. I am going on holiday at the end of July so I have booked myself a private early scan when I'll be 7 weeks to try to see the heartbeat.

I agree with pp if you've had no bleeding they probably wouldnt scan you.

If it were me I'd book an early scan and just pay the £99 for peace of mind :)

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend it. I had an early scan done this time because of my history of pregnancy loss and it confused me more than it did help. I would hold off until at least 10-12 weeks. I know it is difficult because you want to know everything is going well but you wouldn't see much before 6 weeks, probably wouldn't even see a baby and/or heartbeat, and it would prove more inconclusive than it would peace of mind.

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend it. I had an early scan done this time because of my history of pregnancy loss and it confused me more than it did help. I would hold off until at least 10-12 weeks. I know it is difficult because you want to know everything is going well but you wouldn't see much before 6 weeks, probably wouldn't even see a baby and/or heartbeat, and it would prove more inconclusive than it would peace of mind.

Thank you. This does make sense and to wait until I come back. It really is a hard one. If they don'tsee a hheartbeator say something that worries me then it will be worse.

Thanks for all replies. .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->