Holidaying in Devon/Cornwall

Mummy May

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
We're fancying somewhere like that next year, does anyone have any recommendations/suggestions or anything please :flower: xx

I love Cornwall.
We always head down to the Lands End Peninsula as we tend to do a wrking holiday at The Minack Theatre with my theatre group.

If you head that way, I really recommend seeing the Minack Theatre ( and see a show there if there are tickets available - they do childrens shows on certain afternoons in holiday season).
Porthcurno beach, next to the theatre, is beautiful and often has seals, dolphins and basking sharks swimming nearby.
Sennan Cove is also a lovely beach.
Goonhilly satellite station is close by on the Lizard Point, and has a good hands on tech museum.
There is also a Seal Sanctuary, and if theme parks are your thing, then a trip to Flambards is a must.

So much of Cornwall and Devon is beautiful. I love it down there <3

Are you looking for a caravan holiday or hotel? Do you like chill out or be on the go all the time (or some where in the middle?).

We like to stay somewhere nice, whether that be hotel, caravan, cottage, whatever but its has to be beautiful lol! And we like to do stuff :) xx

Google a place called harbourside house, it's a gorgeous luxury cottage!!

I love it down here, what kind of things do you want to do? So much on offer!

Have you considered a farm stay? Would be wonderful for Florence and Rory! I don't remember much about Devon/Cornwall but we always used to stay in Salcombe and it was lovely.

Oh and i love dartmoor - so much so that's where we got married :)

A farm stay we would consider! I don't know what we would like to do but we don't like to be bored lol! I'm useless aren't I! The options are endless. Snow Owl that house is beautiful! I could just have it for my own :flower: xx

Are you looking to go in high season? I think that makes a huge difference to certain areas. Some towns/villages become insanely overcrowded (especially in august)
and in the last few years I have noticed some areas becoming paticularly ruined by the holiday makers. St ives is an especially beautiful coastal town but last year I noticed it stank to hell all down by the sea front thanks to all the rubbish!

We're fancying somewhere like that next year, does anyone have any recommendations/suggestions or anything please :flower: xx

Croyde bay in Devon is a good one. Not much there though. Really does depend what you are after :)

I don't know your budget but check out Baby Friendly Boltholes as they have various cottages and B&Bs with all the baby and toddler facilities you need, including farms etc! Sometimes they're a little expensive though.

There's plenty of beautiful places to stay but it depends what you'd like to do. Polperro/Looe are stunning and there's lots of holiday cottages in either village.

If you like the idea of a farm holiday, there's a company called Feather Down which look awesome and they have a location in Penzance.

I live in Cornwall so if you have any questions i'm usually about if you'd like to talk :).

Thanks ladies, depending on money we would like to go between March and Zmay next year but were just looking for ideas so that we can book early really. Xx

You could check out this facebook page and website called Dreams of Cornwall, there's lots of inspiration on where to go / stay... hope you have a lovely time, Cornwall is beautiful :)

xx

Ive been looking today for holiday homes for us next year. My main goal is to be on the beach and a pub near by as we don't mind a bit of a drive to anywhere else. I'll post some links to some ive found. There are some really lovely one's if your willing to spend alot.

https://www.stayincornwall.co.uk/cottages/1992-villa-surfside
https://www.purecornwall.co.uk/property/blue-haze/
https://www.cornishcottageholidays.co.uk/html/property_detail.php?pid=76

Oh Laura, that first one is AMAZING!!! I've messaged them lol! xx

The first one is lovely. The pub it is right near and overlooks the beach and even when I have Been In During august the food has been decent and have been able to get a Seat :) which is handy, cos who wants to Cook Every day eh?

it is a wee drive from town though, and the parking is costly and lacking! Of course that could just be me being fussy haha. I like to wonder around the shops constantly.

Just remembered I had this pic on my phone from when I had lunch in that pub last year :) I took it to send to my dad to annoy him as he was at home working and I was quite confident I was enjoying a much nicer view then him haha :haha:

edit: it's not actually sideways so not sure why it has uploaded like that sorry

Attachments

• Cornwall-20120828-01417.jpg
    Cornwall-20120828-01417.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member