Holidays with babies

princess31

Reaction score
Hi all,

Have any of you been on holiday with a baby less than 12 months old? We are considering going abroad in March however, I have serious reservations about it. I would love to take Louis but he'll only be 7 months and I just think it'd be a nightmare if he's ill or anything. We wouldn't go far perhaps to the balerics or something, self catering.

What are your opinions on this? Do you think it'd be more stress and hassle than it's worth?

Thanks xxx

I'd take Oliver away no probs. We're staying home this year and having a huge family get together, so jealous of anyone catching some sun! I'd go somewhere like the Balearics, good idea. Stay somewhere very English speaking, so you happily know that if there is a problem (which I'm sure there won't be!), at least you will have no problems with communication.
Let us know where you decide!!!

We cant afford a holiday abroad this year but are having one in the UK.

I know a few other ladies have gone abroad hopefully they will be able to help you x

I'd take Oliver away no probs. We're staying home this year and having a huge family get together, so jealous of anyone catching some sun! I'd go somewhere like the Balearics, good idea. Stay somewhere very English speaking, so you happily know that if there is a problem (which I'm sure there won't be!), at least you will have no problems with communication.
Let us know where you decide!!!

Yeah that's what I was thinking somewhere english speaking and possibly with a well known holiday company like Thomas Cook?

I took Dylan away to Turkey when he was 3 months old and he was great,
loved it. xxx

I was in 2 minds about this but weve decided to holiday in UK this year in a caravan as taking bottles, sterilizer, nappies, dummies etc abroad seems too much effort for my liking!!xx

We cant afford a holiday abroad this year but are having one in the UK.

I know a few other ladies have gone abroad hopefully they will be able to help you x

Our other option was going to be a cottage in Scotland but it might be a bit bleak in March and there's something stopping me from going there but I can't put my finger on it. Maybe I'm secretly wanting a bit of sunshine for myself!

If we do go abroad what do we do with a 7 month old? It certainly wont be as relaxing a holiday as we're used to - no sunbathing I'd imagine. Although we'd love to take Louis swimming but will it be warm enough? So much to think about, lol!

I was in 2 minds about this but weve decided to holiday in UK this year in a caravan as taking bottles, sterilizer, nappies, dummies etc abroad seems too much effort for my liking!!xx

We're caravaning it too! Off to Devon to stay at Croyde. Where are you off to?

We're caravaning it too! Off to Devon to stay at Croyde. Where are you off to?

Only down to Pembrokeshire, west Wales. OH mum has a caravan down there so we going at beginning of May for a week and the end of August for a week :happydance: we'll holiday abroad next year then i expect!!xx

What about a villa holiday ? We arte doing that with our baby who will be seven months we are also going with our parents so they can help out too and you can share the cost. At least in a villa you have you more of your home comforts etc....

I'm off to Greece in June with Max who will be 9 months then. We've got a villa through James Villas so hopefully, touch wood that there won't, but if there are any probs then we can use them. We're off to France on Friday for a long weekend as a mini trial run so I'll let you know how it goes.
P.S. as for sterilisers etc I've found these bags you can put in the microwave that sterilise the bottles so should help not carting around a huge steriliser!
https://www.lindam.co.uk/store/bags.html

We have taken Callum on holiday twice now. Once to center parcs and to a log cabin in derby the other day! It was so relaxing, we wernt rushed to do anything. I say go for it! xx

What about a villa holiday ? We arte doing that with our baby who will be seven months we are also going with our parents so they can help out too and you can share the cost. At least in a villa you have you more of your home comforts etc....

Yeah that's a good idea. Where are you going?

I'm off to Greece in June with Max who will be 9 months then. We've got a villa through James Villas so hopefully, touch wood that there won't, but if there are any probs then we can use them. We're off to France on Friday for a long weekend as a mini trial run so I'll let you know how it goes.
P.S. as for sterilisers etc I've found these bags you can put in the microwave that sterilise the bottles so should help not carting around a huge steriliser!
https://www.lindam.co.uk/store/bags.html

Thanks for the link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"