Holy crap! I'll have a baby in my arms within a week!

CassieSims

Reaction score
Yup! I went away this weekend to the coast, kind of a last minute baby moon. We left Friday morning and when I woke up my feet were HUGE, so I decided to take it easy and see if the swelling went down, it didn't. So I bought a mobile blood pressure cuff and just decided to monitor myself this weekend. It wasn't good ladies, by the time we got to the ocean my blood pressure was in the 140/90 range and staying there :( So we headed into the closest hospital to be monitored. I was fine, but they recommended I keep an eye on my blood pressure and see my doctor on Monday, which I did. Well uh oh! Went in this morning with still swollen feet+ankles+hands, and there was protein in my urine :( I've been officially diagnosed with pre eclampsia..

They sent me over to labor and delivery, who classified me with an "unfavorable cervix" which means if they tried to inducer today, it would most likely fail and I'd end up having a C-section. I've been given a week to see if my cervix can become favorable naturally, otherwise I will be induced by next Monday, if not sooner. I am SO excited. I know they won't put the baby at risk and will induce me sooner if needed, but I have an end point! Like a definite end point! Woohoo!

me too!!!

last Tuesday I went in for a check up and there was some protein in my urine and i was def. swollen (still am) and i had gained 4 pounds (mostly of fluid) in 5 days (my previous apt) and my blood pressure wasn't really high, but he sent me over to the hospital to be monitored, do bloodwork and a 24 hour urine. Went back that Thursday everything was "normal" but he still wanted to treat me as a preeclampsia patient just incase. He wanted to be safe than sorry cause i am borderline. I am dilated 1cm and starting to efface a little (didn't say how much). He scheduled my induction date for Monday the 9th! I had another NST today and a check up on Thursday and then its babytime unless she comes before then on her own which I'm obviously hoping for, but not holding my breath on!

Haha! I'm doing the 24 hour urine as well! My SO is totally disgusted by it. It's funny that we have the exact same situation. And it makes me feel better to not be the only one :)

*edit* I know that I'm 50% effaced, but still closed. So I just have to start dilating!

sorry about having pre- e but it is exciting that you will get to meet your baby soon! :)

I had to carry around that lovely 24 hour urine jug, haha. Great conversation piece when you're at work and pull it out of the employee refrigerator every time you need to pee. :haha:

Good luck, hopefully the baby comes on its own before then. Even if I was given an exact date to show me the end is near where I can meet my baby, I still want to go into labor before that, since I'm 38 weeks tomorrow, I want to be in labor like NOW! LoL

Sucks about the pre e but yay about the end in sight!!
I am actually super jealous, I want a date set! Right now I'm convinced I'm going to be pregnant forever!

Hope things go smoothly for you :)

Pre-E isn't ideal.. But an end date! Yay..

I was induced with our first. Baby was measuring small so I went for a scan at 39+3 and was told I'd be back for induction two days later at 39+5. I ended up giving birth on my due date after the induction. When I had our second baby a year later I went one day overdue, and it felt like a lifetime because there was no way to know when he was going to decide to arrive! Lol

Good luck, I hope it all goes well for you over the next week x

Oh my gosh, this 24 hour urine thing is not fun. I'm so aware of how much fluid I've pee'd out. And that it has consistently stayed a dark yellow color no matter how much I drink :( I'm getting the feeling that the amount of protein in all this urine is going to make them want to induce me before my body is ready... And I'll end up with a C-section :cry:

So much for having a week! I went in today and my blood pressure was 166/108!!! So I am officially being induced :) They gave me my first dose of Meso at 6:30 and they're about to give me my second!!! At the beginning I was 75% effaced and 1cm dilated :)

So sorry about your preeclampsia diagnosis and that your bp shot up like that. Good luck with your induction. It sounds like things are going in the right direction.

All the best ! It is the most amazing feeling to finally see this little person that's been growing in you for 9months !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->