Holy Moly is this a sign?

angelbump

Reaction score
All today I've had such frequent braxton hicks! And loads of pressure and period type pains its like i can feel him baring down!
I remember this with my 1st but much later (I'm 35 weeks)
Even just getting off the sofa sets off a braxton hick contraction!
I really hope this baby plays ball and doesnt keep us waiting!
Anyone else had way more intense bh 2nd time round?

I get them continuously apparently i have an irritable uterus my consultant said! Im approaching 39 weeks and been having them conistently from 30! I do get mild period type pains with them sometimes but they never mount to anything for me. Everyone's body is different though could be a sign for you! X

My dr advised me that BH and even post partum contractions can be more intense during subsequent pregnancies because your uterus is a muscle (she said imagine an elastic band) that has been stretched out before. I have definitely found this to be true as i go thru pregnancy 3

I have had more BH this time and I don't remember any in my first pregnancy

I’ve never had any BH, but just saw your thread and thought I’d say hi and good luck for the next few weeks! Make sure you let us know when LO arrives!

I’ve been getting loads and strong ones too for the last few weeks. Baby #5. No signs of labour.

Thanks everyone, never had these 1st time round so was a bit of a shocker. Tonight I've had quite intense period pains coming and going but not having tighteninga with them so not too worried. Bh are still coming too.
Hmmm i wonder if this is just going to be a guessing game like last time x

What's your due date hun? X

Not til 29th July. I called labohr ward last night and just asked when to worry and they said if they don't subside come in but i fell asleep.
Bh are still coming thick and fast today but period pain isnt as bad. Guess he's just getting ready and is keeping me in my toes x

angelbump I’m due 29th July too!! :) I’m getting the same feelings, I was convinced I was going into labour today. But everything wore off. I was early with my last two, so I’m not holding my breath that I’ll see the 29th out ha xx

I had tons of BH in my previous pregnancies but hardly any at all this time. DH joked that my body is on vacation with this baby. I'm not due until the end of July either but am having a ton of period pains and lower back pain that I'm hoping means baby is getting lower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->