home birth before 37wks?

Thanks mumof1.. hope you last out the next 10 days!

True, as scans go on they are more and more accurate so as lozzy said i would go with that 20 week scan.

I thought the opposite was true? As baby gets larger, genetics start to play a part, ie - in how tall they are etc... ?

True, as scans go on they are more and more accurate so as lozzy said i would go with that 20 week scan.

I thought the opposite was true? As baby gets larger, genetics start to play a part, ie - in how tall they are etc... ?

I thought ths too, I've lways been told even if your 20 week scan showed different dates to your 12 week scan, they dont alter your dates as dating gets less accurate.

they stopped changing my edd after third tri due to as someone up there said, genetics can play a part the baby can get taller if the parents are tall etc... but this doesnt change how 'old' it is just how 'big' it is thats why it becomes so innaccurate.

as for the first scan thing? im very confused why the sonographer dated the baby as 2 weeks from before you conceived, you said you spoke to the midwife but did you talk to the sonographer about it? they are highly HIGHLY trained, i looked into becoming one and it was far too hard for me!

also dont forget sperm can live inside you waiting to fuse with the egg for many days

if it was me i wouldnt really want my baby at home at 36 weeks even if i was sure it was 37 as you just cant be 100% sure with these things! if it turned out the baby WAS 36 weeks its lung may not be ready and may need to be taken straight to NICU

Unless I Had positive tests BEFORE I got pregnant.. i can be 100% sure :lol: but yes, I get what you mean! No I didn't discuss it with the sonographer, as it wasn't until I got home and worked out the dates she gave me that I realised they couldn't possibly be right.. she just seemed to want to rush me out the room tbh! Maybe I'll bring it up at my 20 wk scan and see what they say about it then :)

what you had a positive pregnancy test before they said the baby was conceived? thats nuts lol they shouldnt have ignored that they should have discussed it!!

but the thing is they see how developed the baby is... if the baby is 15 weeks but they say it is 14 weeks then you MAY be write but the baby may be only developed as a 14 week old if that makes sense? all babies develop at different rates, even after they are born so even if its born at '36' weeks (and you know its 37) it may only be as developed as 36weeks and still may need care........ if that makes sense sorry i explain things funny but i hope you get what i mean! just trying to say im not saying your wrong they may be wrong with age but right with development

Thats a very good point.. hadn't thought of it like that!

I didn't quite have a +ve before I conceived, but if their dates are right I had a very strong one 2-3 days after I concevied, so fairly sure that if I'd tested earlier I would have had atlest faint line :haha:

hehe just hope you get to 38 weeks then it will be good enough for them as itll be 37 according to them :p

Yer i agree with the how developed baby is. My friend went into labour at what they thought was 38 weeks, after baby was born she only weighed and had the same development as a 36 week baby so needed extra help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->