Home Birth + Contractions + Movement

D

dwl

Hi,

I have a planned home birth, this is my first baby so please be patient with me and I might just be about to ask a daft question.

Since 3am yesterday I have been having a bloody show and contractions (or are they BH?!). Yesterday they started off mild and I thought I better have a nap, when I woke they had stopped (BH?) then during the day they got more and more painful(I had two baths, walked, changed positions nothing stopped them), at about 9pm I timed them, they were every 2-3mins and 40 seconds long.

Anyway I thought ohhh this is it, better get some sleep (cause I thought I read somewhere every 5mins was getting close), it took me a while but I got to sleep, woke up 4 times in the night for a pee and pad change and still getting the pains so thought tomorrow could be the day.

Then I woke up this morning and nothing :dohh: Now since 8 am (hour after waking) I am getting mild pains again. Same as before back and bump, though haven't timed them yet.

Anyway I was reading though this forum as preparation and read a lot about keeping active etc and was wondering if I was doing the wrong thing? If I start getting them really painful again should I just keep going, walk loads etc or does going to sleep not make any difference and what I was getting was just BH? In which case god help me if they are not the real thing!!! :cry:

TIA :hugs:

I'd say your doing the right thing, there is no point tireing your self out in the early stages. It can take a while for your first labour to get into full swing. If you have the energy then go for a walk but if your tired then have a nap. Labour is most likely to happen when your relaxed, that's why a lot of women go into labour during the night.

How exciting !! I agree, try to rest and eat really well and stay relaxed because you'll need all that energy for later ! You can go for walks in a natural environment, and be sure that everything is ready in your birthing room... meditate, relax and I hope all goes well for your childbirth !!

Those first contractions are like warming up your body for the work ahead. Try to embrace them :)

Oh thank you :hugs:

I think I might go for a walk, the pains are very mild still at the moment and there is a nice park just where I live but it's big about a 1 mile around so I might go and get some fresh air.

Thanks for your help.

its definatly the start of things to come, just try to keep relaxed and let that oxytocin flow, hopefully it wont be much longer for you now. xx

Hope things went/are going well for you! I'm sure it was something starting and it sounded like you were doing great, so I'll be checking back for updates :)

dwl if you are there let us know how you are doing! :)
I had about 40 hours of the type of mild contractions you are talking about, and going up and down in terms of how much time between them. After that 40 hrs I finally started to get some really intense ones and then I just knew the show was getting on the road!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->