home birth hopeful

MissyMojo

Army Wife, Mam & BFP
Reaction score
Hey all - moving back to the uk and hoping to have a homebirth,
can i just ask, what reasons / complications / conditions would cause MW to say no?

just had MW apt today (here in army medcentre) and the mw (who only just met me) was concerned that im measuring ahead of dates and wants me to be fully screened for GD on my move bk to uk (3 weeks away - fly 10/10/12)

i measured ahead for dates last pregnancy ( in Cyprus ) and was only offered growth scan, which showed baby growing normally and mw put my measuring ahead down to being only 4ft9 i dnt have much room internally for things to shift around so have bigger than average bump. My son was born at 37+5 weighing 6lb7,

If your torso is short, then your bump will of course be bigger :thumbup:

There a few reasons why midwives would say you weren't 'allowed' a home birth - but the truth is, it is YOUR choice and whether you are 'allowed' or not, you can stay at home regardless and the midwives still have to attend you.

xxx

On www.homebirth.org.uk there's great information on some of the reasons why a midwife might discourage home birth, as well as actual information about some of those conditions or symptoms and (in most cases) how to can safely birth at home if you are experiencing them. Check it out.

But yes, it is your decision, and just measuring big doesn't mean something is necessarily wrong in the absence of other things. There's lots of reasons to measure big that have nothing to do with the health of you or your baby. If you're concerned, I'd talk it over with your midwife when you get here, knowing of course, that you still get the final word in what you choose to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->