Home Birth of Holly 10th Feb 2011

evewidow

2 boys and a girl ♥
Reaction score
Baby Holly born at home at 4:18pm on 10th Feb 2011

Birth Story

had a show on the 9h Feb so knew she wouldnt be far away based on previous experiences !

Woke up at 5am with a few pains , they were mild and tried to go back to sleep , after an hour or so got up and went and fetched my tens machine , got hubby to put it on and told him not to go to work, texted my mom to say be warned may need you to come get the boys later.
told hubby to stay in bed and i went downstairs bounced on my ball , made my sons lunch for school etc . by 7am they were about 3-4 mins apart and starting to get painful , told hubby to get up and get kids ready.
rang mom asked her to come get the youngest. at 8 ish mom arrived , ds1 got piced up for school at 8:45 and we rang the midwife.
about 10 mins later midwofe came to the door gave me an internal said i wasnt in labour yet but could feel tha baby had come right down. he said ill pop bac in a few hours after ive done my visits .
well after that it all kinda died down , the odd pain here and there.
when he popped back i was pretty much stopped,so he just said to call if things developed anymore.
well at 1 pm he pains started back up and by 2om they were about 2 mins apart so hubby called for the midwife , midwife came about 30 mins later did an exam said she couldnt quite feel how far along i was as i kept having contractions and she had to keep stopping , she got the student to call for a 2nd midwife to bring the gas and air. well after that the pains came thick and fast and all of a sudden i needed to push , just as i got this feeling the 2nd midwife + student arrived .. i said give me gas she said no point now you are about to push ..oh ..then pop waters went - splattered the midwife and pop out was the head and she was crying ! 1 more push later the rest of her was out my beautiful baby girl !
i had the injection for the placenta and while i pushed that the one midwife and hubby cut the cord etc.
next thing i know i hear the words ambulance .. they said you need to go to the hospital we think you have a prolapse uterus .. erm ok started to panic a bit , hubby grabbed the bag and next thing i know there is a paramedic in the room !
he said i have to fit you a canula for a drip ..erm ok
2 mins later 2 more ambulance people were in the room discussing the best way of getting me out.
i was put on a spinal board and took to the ambulance and took to hospital with sirens lights the whole shabbang.
gets to hospital and have consultants etc all looking at my bits then they say oh its ok its just your cervix but it has shortened now and gone back up , however you need a stitch is that ok . by this time i really couldnt care less so i was like yea fine whatever if i need it do it.
so the 2 midwives who had come with me were asked to do the stitch and they both said oh we cant do it .. so there was a bit of a kerfuffle outside before a nice nurse/midwife whoever came and stitched me up . blood pressure checked they said you can go if you want as you would have been at home anyway .
hubby quickly said yes lets go .. i said you are quick he said didnt you notice this hospital s empty (i hadnt ) hospital was shut for a norovirus pandemic so it was like ok lets get the hell out of here quick before we catch that lol.
so i had to ring mom to get hubby who went home to get car seat and came back for me and holly.
i was still in just my nightie not been washed or anything - realised i had no shoes to put on !
nurse lent me some theatre shoes took me to car in a wheelchair and then took shoes back off me !
got home showed my boys their new baby sister , had a shower and got in bed and that was that.
i definitely preffered the homebirth over my hospital births even though it still resulted in hospital for a short while , but by the sounds of things as neither of my midwives were prepared to stitch me i would prop have had to go anyway!

sorry for the long story !!

Wow :)
Congratulations hun.
Hopefully my turn any time soon as ive been having slight contractions since thursday afternoon and getting stonger by the day so hopefully he will show his face soon.
Congrats again xx

Ohhh eve ive only just seen this lol! Probably because it was posted when I was in hospital having Joshua lol! I sort of knew the story anyway butfelt compelled to comment :D xxxxxx

haha yea you had other things to be concentrating on lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->