• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Home birth oppositions

Good thread lozzy!

Although I have a (painfully) long wait until we TTC#1 I'm already planning HB. I'm definitely keep all of this in mind.

Im really upset and almost in tears had my 28 week MW appoitment and she is doing everything to stop me having my homebirth. Saying that with my bleed the placenta might have slightly come away, it was the slightest of bleed when i wiped, and docs even said it was just becuase i needed anti-d. She said its my 1st baby and she really would like it (she apparently supports ladies who want HB's) also becuase of my area being equal distance from 3 hospitals we get to choice apparently im under the wrong one to get a HB well why wasnt this mentioned at the 1st appointment HB's can only be given under one hospital surely this should have been mentioned.
OH was at work so couldn't be there to support me, and is busy at work so i can't talk to him. Im that upset i actually feel like someone has taken part of my heart away from me :cry: sorry its a bit of a rant

Im really upset and almost in tears had my 28 week MW appoitment and she is doing everything to stop me having my homebirth. Saying that with my bleed the placenta might have slightly come away, it was the slightest of bleed when i wiped, and docs even said it was just becuase i needed anti-d. She said its my 1st baby and she really would like it (she apparently supports ladies who want HB's) also becuase of my area being equal distance from 3 hospitals we get to choice apparently im under the wrong one to get a HB well why wasnt this mentioned at the 1st appointment HB's can only be given under one hospital surely this should have been mentioned.
OH was at work so couldn't be there to support me, and is busy at work so i can't talk to him. Im that upset i actually feel like someone has taken part of my heart away from me :cry: sorry its a bit of a rant

:hugs: What a bitch. Has she referd you for a scan to see if the bleeding was a problem with the placenta? Dont panic hun, its not uncomon for women to have a slight bleed. Had you recantly had sex?

As for you being under the wrong hospital, one thats not a good reason to refuse you a home birth. They cant refuse you a home birth, they are not alowed. If its going to be that much of a problem, change hospitals.

:hugs: What a bitch. Has she referd you for a scan to see if the bleeding was a problem with the placenta? Dont panic hun, its not uncomon for women to have a slight bleed. Had you recantly had sex?

As for you being under the wrong hospital, one thats not a good reason to refuse you a home birth. They cant refuse you a home birth, they are not alowed. If its going to be that much of a problem, change hospitals.
Yes she didnt even ask me if i wanted to change hospitals she just said your under the wrong one, well i dont have to go anymore anyway.
And yes we had sex the day before, and i then got diagnosed with thrush so had been very irritated downstiars its was only enough to go on the tissue twice when i wipes non on pantyliner or anything (sorry if tmi) i just dont know how to go about her sorting out the HB as doesnt she have to give my details to the people who deal with it. It something i really want.
And as for the scan, no i was never sent for a scan, docs at hospital said its becase i needed anti-d they discharged me and said they were not one bit conserned, docs didnt even mention the placenta at all.

You probably just irritated your cervix or vagina during sex, i had a bleed at 9 weeks after too much sex, got sent for a scan and everything was fine.

What you need to do is write a letter to the supervisor of widwifes at your PCT saying you are not happy with the support your have recived, that you are planning on a homebirth and would like the support your are entitled too.

There are some good templates on the net but thats the jist of what you need to say.

Thanks what do i need to type in on the net to get a template as i really want to go for my HB, if anything showed signs of being wrong or i went before 37 weeks i would obviously go to hospital, i aint exactly gonna risk my LO. I would be really intrested in seeing the templates and writing a letter, if you could say how to get the templates thanks.

If you go to the first page of the homebirth and hopefulls thread they are loads of links on there that will help.

:hug: You can change hospitals if need be, I had to last time around and my GP made it very difficult, refusing to refer me (this was 81/2 years ago and GPs still did all this), until a senior GP made her. I not only switched hosps but switched GPs.

thanks very much
hopefully if i do this she will listen at my 31 week appointment, i will look into how easy it is to change hospitals also. if thats what i have to do to get HB

Should be pretty simple. You may even be able to just ring the midwife department of the hosital you want to change to? Alex was born on 12 Jan at home, but I was concerned as we were going to MIL's in Suffolk (next county from us, 1.5 hours away) for Christmas. I asked MW what to do if Alex was going to come early (we took our birthing pool and everything else just in case) and she said just to ring the local hospital to where ever I was staying, tell them you are having a home birth and they'd just send someone out (as it turns out MIL has two neighbours who are MWs and they were both very excited that they were on standby for us over xmas!!). What I'm trying to say is that I think it will be quite easy for you to change hospitals as it doesn't matter where you live. x

thanks hun, do you think i would be best to ring them myself now and see if i can change over or wait until i see her next? Just thinking if i have done it before i see her (if i can) then it shows that i aint taking her no for an answer
After the amount of time it took to get OH to agree i cant beleive i having this trouble now x

Can't do any harm to ring them and see what they say! Good luck and let us know what happens! xxx

https://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/pregnancy/Pages/Wheretogivebirth.aspx

I rang up the hospital, she said the MW has to change me, but she said she wouldnt advice leaving it until 31 weeks. She said ring my triarge in the morning and tell them i want to change because i want a homebirth. So this is what im gonna do. She said they may still not change it until 31 weeks but they may give me an extra appointment to change it, or change it for me without me there.

Yes hopefully, if they are still funny, i will see if i can quickly change hospitals just to be under another MW, as i really want my homebirth. unless there is complications obviously

Good news on the HB front, i rang the triarge they said it isnt an emergancy for me to transfer as i can still get a HB under the hospital im on. She asked why my MW didnt support it and didnt say any problems, she said i will speak to her when she is in next week and tell her ive told you what to do. I have to tell my MW at 31 week appointment and i she said she would advice changing hospitals as it means i get an extra scan at 38 weeks to make sure baby is in correct position, and isnt to big and that the HB wont pose many risks. but she said just change at 31 week appointment. Then they will come to my house at 34 and see me and talk to me and this is when they arrange the 38 week scan. So looks like all can go ahead nice and easily :happydance:

So i will change hospitals at 31 week appointment and all can go ahead, they just will have to tell their supervisor or MW's im having a homebirth against advice of my actual MW then if the thing she warned of goes wrng i cant go back to her. But the 38 week scan would show if this was a problem anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->