Home birth shown on US TV

silver_penny

triandem nursing 3 and pg
Reaction score
I'm not sure how many of you ladies are familiar with the US TV show 19 kids and counting, but their oldest child is married and just recently had their second child. Anna Duggar gave birth to an 8lb 5oz baby boy at home. Her first birth was also a home birth. Its great to see home births promoted on TV!! :dance: :happydance:

Ooh I didn't see that. It's shown here on the Discovery Home+Health channel so I'll look out for it. I didn't know their first was a homebirth as well. How fab is that! :thumbup:

xx

I'll have to see if it's on demand! Thanks for letting us know about it. All too often all we see are women screaming in hospital beds where doctors are pushing epidurals and c-sections. I'm so glad to know that they've actually done a show on home birth. If you haven't seen 'The Business of Being Born' it's a great documentary about home births vs hospital births...very informative. :) Thanks for sharing

I saw that! It made me really happy that they actually showed it, and showed how easily she handled it and what an amazing moment it was for those attending.

I wouldn't be surprised if she's (Anna) getting all kinds of crazy 'you could have killed your baby' mail though from the anti home-birth crowd. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->