Home birth?

proudparent88

Reaction score
So I have always wanted to have a natural home birth. How or where can I find a midwife or Douala that will help me do this but possibly won't charge because I can't afford to pay one. I live in johnstown, Pa in the us and I don't know where to find one to go in with me on this and things. Does anyone have any suggestions and if I can't find one is there a way for me to still have a home birth and be safe?

That's fantastic you're thinking of a home birth. I had my baby at home and it was great. To answer your question, you'd probably be unlikely in the U.S. to find a midwife who will work completely for free. However, you'll likely find one who will work with you to find a way you can afford her. Many are happy to arrange payment plans and might offer a reduced rate if you're in financial need. As for a doula, I'd try to find someone around you who offers doula training and see if you might get in touch with a doula who is completing her training. Often they work for reduced fees or just for expenses (like travel costs) during training. There might be some folks listed on the DONA website or you may be able to contact them to get some advice on how to find a doula who is in training.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vz99vet
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->