home birth... :(

cowboys angel

new mama & wife and ttc#2
Reaction score
My OH said no. :( I'm going to keep working on it, but once he makes up his mind....

He doesn't have faith in midwives. :( Well, he doesn't have faith in doctors, but even less in midwives. :( :(

So he said no, we couldn't do a home birth.

:cry:

You have no idea how much I just want to not tell him with #2 when we conceive again when my contractions start. I'll just suffer in silence and deal with the contractions and then it'll be too late to go to the hospital!

Okay I don't know if I could do that, haha, but it went through my mind!

My OH is still saying he is unhappy about it, but I am as strongly anti a hospital birth as he is anti a home birth, if not more, and I'm going to be having this baby, not him, my feelings take precedence! He has agreed to come to a home birth support group though so he is up for having his mind changed. Hope yours does!

Get him to watch THe Business of Being Born. It'll open his eyes to HBing and how OBs treat their patients.

Talk to him, tell him before he rules it out to research it.

Care with a midwife, for a normal pregnancy, far exceeds the care you will get with an OB.

The car is so much better with MW's. My appointments are always an hour long and we really get to talk and discuss everything that's going on. Keep pushing for it, in the end its your body and where you are most comfortable. Have him watch Pregnant in America too!

Tell him that it's not his decision. That you believe, after research, that a homebirth is safer for you and your baby.

Mine was not impressed either, but i told him that it was my body and me doign the work and having to go through the pain so he shoudl damn well deal with it LOL

The car is so much better with MW's. My appointments are always an hour long and we really get to talk and discuss everything that's going on. Keep pushing for it, in the end its your body and where you are most comfortable. Have him watch Pregnant in America too!

Oh. Just watched Pregnant in America. It was good. I really like that it's from a man's prospective, showing this isn't and shouldn't be an issue women face alone. This effects us all.

I actually prefered Orgasmic Birth.. which highlights a lot of what is in The Business of Being Born.. but doesn't seem so pushy (if that makes sense). It talks more about what goes on in a normal bith and how we can facilitate the process through HB etc etc... I found it really empowering. :flower:

Tell him that it's not his decision. That you believe, after research, that a homebirth is safer for you and your baby.

I can't do that. I would rather do a homebirth but I am okay going to a birthing center or hospital. I have a feeling I'd end up at the hospital anyway, with my history of pregnancy issues.

This won't be me getting pregnant, me being pregnant, me giving birth. It will be US and I need us to be in complete agreement.

I will push for a birthing center over a hospital if I can't convince him to let me do a homebirth, but if I end up in the hospital, that's okay, cuz in the end all I really want is my baby.

Hmmm it's difficult, my hubby wanted me in hospital as I was going for VBAC.

At the end of the day as stubborn as he was I was more so, hubby supported me having aVBAC but not HBAC but I went ahead anyway. He isnt going to be doing it and he ca hardly force you to go anywhere so plan a HB anywa.

Get a doula to support you through the labour, my hubby was useless through labour anyway, I sent him to the pub while I could still function during labour and not let on just how far gone I was!

where do i find this "the business of being born", i hope u and ur husband come to an arrangement hun how was ur first child born i noticed it says u had an unassisted birth in your ticker things? which to me in uk is no medical person there at all x

Haha it was me, OH, and the transporting lady that rolls you around in the wheel chair...

When we got to the hospital, she was already crowning, and when we got into l&d she was (not joking!) in my pants.

The doctors and nurses got there after the fact. :rofl:

Hubby caught her, and then cut the cord when a nurse ran in, took in the situation, and handed him the scizzors lol

There's a link to the free torrent download of The Business of Being Born on the front page of the home birthers and hopefuls :)

I told him if we survived our last birth with NO medical personnel, we should have no problem with just the midwife.

He says "But we were AT a hospital if anything went wrong..."

ah i understand his situation, but we all have those fears of being in the house and heaven forbid something going wrong, and to us being pregnant and we feel were gonna be ok, wev gt our poor partners who are still taking it all in that were pregnant and so fragile that anything could go wrong, but uv got another wee while to talk bout it and find some sort of middle ground x

You will have a medical professional there your midwife
Homebirth today isn’t middle ages! Best of all worlds: They will have all the expertise and emergency equipment and the great thing for us home birthing mums is that we can always go in>> for whatever reason we wish: It is harder to get out of hospital when you don’t need to be there than to go in if you do
Xxx

This is a really interesting thread. I have birthed all of my babies to date in hospital (2 of which i definitely needed to be there for!), however with my last 2 labours i certainly feel that i could have been at home and had perfectly safe, relaxed births with just a midwife in attendance.

Since getting DH to agree a TTC date for our final baby i have been thinking more and more that i would like to stay at home next time round. I mentioned it to him but he is not that keen, however i don't really think he has a plausible argument to turn me against the idea. I just love the thought of birthing my baby and then climbing back into my own bed with my DH, my 3 girls and the newest one and getting to know each other :cloud9:

All DH worries about is the mess!! :haha:........ and me a bit too i suppose!!

I'm going to talk to him more about it, I still really want to. But we just found out I might have MS or possibly seizures, so everything's kinda on hold anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->