home birthing info -where to find any

amylou1992

Reaction score
im looking into home birth, but not 100% sure yet as i currently live in a block of 6 flats. but if we finally move before LO is born i would consider a home birth.

can any of you recomend any websites which have info on?

wasnt sure where to look and didnt want to google home births incase it came up with fake stories trying to scare people out of going for them

so thanks :thumbup:

no worries it is sort of THE uk site, there are lots of ladies here that will beable to help you too i havent actually had a home birth yet but can try to answer any of your questions if you like?

well im just "looking into" home births atm, i would need to talk OH round even though he did say he hated sittin in hosp bored outa his brains last time so i think he would agree to a home birth also it would be more relaxing for me unlike my last birth where i was so stressed out due to stupid hosp

If you go to the first post in the homebirth and hopefull's sticky thread you will find load of site recomendations there.

That's the best site to start with :)
I had a homebirth in a high rise and this one will be in a 4 in a block cottage flat so I'd say don't rule it out if it's really what you want.

I had a homebirth in a high rise and this one will be in a 4 in a block cottage flat so I'd say don't rule it out if it's really what you want.

well we are waiting to be moved were in a 1 bed flat an my LO is 5 months old and were still waiting to move. i dont feel comfable in these flats, the neighbours are nosey as hell and the slightest bit of noise or anything infact they report it to our housing officer.......last thing i wana do is explain that im going to be giveing birth in my home to them :haha:

well we are waiting to be moved were in a 1 bed flat an my LO is 5 months old and were still waiting to move. i dont feel comfable in these flats, the neighbours are nosey as hell and the slightest bit of noise or anything infact they report it to our housing officer.......last thing i wana do is explain that im going to be giveing birth in my home to them :haha:

I had my not-quite-a-homebirth in my block flat. I think the entire block knew I was in labour as I wasn't quiet and there is this one guy in the block who just manages to know everything and tell everyone. When the ambulance came to transfer me I had the whole population of under 12's from the area hanging outside the flats to see what was going on.

Good luck on getting re-housed, but as Trumpetbum says, don 't feel you have to rule it out cos of where you are living now. Housing aren't going to do anything about a one off noise especially when its a labouring woman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->