Home births and birthing pools

Lillylemon

Mum to 1 little boy :-)
Reaction score
Hi,

I wasn't sure which forum to post this in but has anyone used a pool at home to deliver? My OH seems to be ok with me having the home birth now but he's not so keen on the idea of the pool. He's worried it's going to be too much to set up and a lot of hassle to fill and keep at the right temperature. I have been looking at Birth Pool in a Box. I know there are others you can get that someone comes and sets them up and they're heated but I don't think we'd have the space to keep it set up for weeks on end.

Thanks!

Lilly

Hi, I had a homebirth but didnt use a pool. However there is a group "Homebirthers and Hopefuls" and Im sure someone there will have used a pool :)

i had a home birth and although i had a heated birth pool booked , baby decided she couldn't wait for the pool to arrive and turned up 2 weeks and a day early, 3 days before the pool arrived! was very disappointed pool didn't get here in time as loved the idea of using it for birth. the home birth thread mentioned above will have someone who has used a pool i am sure,
good luck!

i had a home birth and had a birth pool it was a la bassine pool and was fab, it only lost 1oc per hour so was great at staying nice and warm. It also came with an electric pump so was easy to inflate and empty the water out. good luck x

The home birth thread is fab, you will get loads of responses there I'm sure.

I haven't got my pool yet, but I have hired one of the rigid sided ones that comes with a heater ( I have a cat so didn't want to risk an inflatable one).

It looks pretty easy to set up, but will take up quite a bit of room, we have a big bay window so it is going to go there.

I hired from here: https://www.birthworks.co.uk/

I'm going to wallow in it nightly once it gets here!

I intend to have one this time :happydance: But yea that group is amazing!!!

i really want a home birth in a pool but we wouldnt fit one in our house, unless we emptied the entire craft room and had it put up in there, i dont know, am really undecided so far, maybe if i found a really good deal on birth pools a bit closer to the time lol, otherwise am gna try and use the hospitals birth pool or maybe birth in my bath if we move in time to a house with a less cramped bathroom :dohh:

x

i laboured in the bath when i had dylan and then when it got to the pushing part they told me to get out and i had him next to the bath on the floor!!

I did wonder about the bath but I think I want to be downstairs as we have wooden flooring.

Decisions decisions!

I'm looking at buying one its more cost effective than to hire one i believe?

:rofl: I think you would have to buy one and then lend it to me :rofl:

But i'm sure they are only like £200 with everything included (the one MM gave me the link for) Didnt sound too bad considering the one i want to hire is over £400 cos its like a hot tub :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->