home made remedies

mummytokeelie

Reaction score
Have any of you ladies cot any home made remedies for a stinking cold and sore throat paracetamol is taking the fever down but still feeling rotten! Xx

Elderberry syrup is my go to thing. Failing that, a hot honey, lemon and ginger drink. :hugs: get well soon!

I usually find ibuprofen better when I have a cold.

Avoid dairy as it can make you mucousy, not what you want when you already have a cold! Perhaps try a humidifier in your room (or a bowl of hot water on the radiator if you have them on yet) and a nice hot shower/bath. Do you have any Vicks or Olbas Oil? We use those... if you're worried about it being too strong for LO you can get baby strength versions of both so they would be fine (although I know the normal Olbas gives dosage for babies on the bottle anyway). Garlic is great for all sorts, including helping colds so eat as much as you can stand :)

Eugh me and Ethan both have colds too. Its my first experience of being ill and having a baby to look after and it is bloody awful! Nothing is helping so far and it resulted in us both crying for most of lastnight lol him out of discomfort and me out of exhaustion... Utterly pathetic.

I may go camp out at the pharmacy until they find me something to make me feel better so I can care for Ethan properly! I feel so sorry for him and myself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->