Home made rice pudding....Irrelevant

Pinkfly

Mum of 2 boys & Pink bump
Reaction score
Hi :hi:

Just thought I would share with you that I am just waiting for my home made rice pudding to finish cooking ummmmmmmm

Gonna have a big steamin hot bowl of it with strawberry jam after my big chicken dinner ... :happydance:

How I love enjoying food again :happydance: after not being able to eat properly for the last 6 months because of awful sickness...

Thought I would share with you all xx

wanna share the recipe?
x

mmmmmmmmm jealous :)
my mum makes a lovely homemade rice pudding.
make sure you put nutmeg on the top ;) xxxx

Yum how do you make it? xxxxxx

Hee hee it's actually sooooooooo easy you wouldnt believe it!!..

I got some pudding rice from morrisons..
(In the ailse next to the flan bases etc tells you on the back the measurements) you just put the rice into a pan with milk (I used full fat) bring to the boil then add some sugar and simmer.....I have just tasted it and it is YUM! :happydance:

Thing is I put too much rice in to begin with as I forgot how much it would expand :blush:
So I emptied some out and added more milk and sugar and now its fab...

OoOoh I forgot the nutmeg but I bet cinnamon etc would be nice too (Just a big dollop of jame for me) ...

After the cake post the other day which is my other obsession I fancied something different give it a whirl girls...:thumbup: xxx

OH OH OH, ALSO... you can pop it into a glass dish, (pyrex) and pop it in the oven for a few minutes to brown the top off (sounds weird but yum) it thickens the top but leaves the underneath so so so yum.

I agree, cinnamon would be lovely in it too! xxx

ha ha that made me laugh - Yes I read when I was looking up recipes, not sure I would like the skin though.....Although it is in a pyrex dish now in the fridge ready for later suppose I could swing it in the oven on the way out....;) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->