Home/water birth of Alfred (freddie) George

carries

Mother of two under two!
Reaction score
Well over two weeks after his arrival I have finally found half an hour to sit down and try to remember the details of my labour!

I could waffle on and on about the experience for hours but Freddie is due a feed in half an hour so I will keep it brief!

I had been in slow labour for a few days with contractions starting then stopping after an hour or so at a time. By this point I was 5 days late and so the midwife came out to the house and gave me a sweep. After the sweep she said I was 2-3 cm dilated and was favourable so I was hopeful it wouldnt be long!

The next day was june the 18th and little man was officially 6 days late. I started getting very mild pains about 8am which were about 10mins apart. I shipped my Oh off to work saying I would call him home if needed and carried on with my day.

By 10.30am they were getting more painful but were still 10mins apart. I decided to call my OH to get him home as my 18 month old was getting a little fractious and also called the midwife.

The midwife said she would be in my area in a couple of hours so would pop out to check how I was getting on.

Midwife arrived at about 12.30pm and did a quick internal to find I was 4cm. Contractions were 7mins apart by this stage and getting more painful and so I put on the tens. As I still had a way to go I decided that the midwife could leave and come back in a couple of hours.

While she was gone we filled the pool and stuck my play list on the Mac and I got bouncing on my ball.

At about 2pm I got in the pool which was lovely and awaited the return of the midwife. I had been assigned a student midwife who arrived at about 2pm and the other midwife arrived back just after that.

I laboured in the pool with no gas and air until about 5pm when the pains started getting really well...painful! They felt completely different to the labour with my son and I decided to start ont he gas and air.

I stupidly asked to be checked at thhis point to see how far along I was and burst into tears when she said I was only 5cm!

Well, labour carried on, as it does, and by 7.53 I was ready to push. Bearing in mind this was the bit I was dreading as I was pushing for 45 mins with my first son, it went really well. First push my waters broke, second push out popped his head and the third push delivered the rest of him...born at 7.55

We stayed in the pool for a cuddle and a feed and then my OH cut the cord and I delivered the placenta.

After being checked over and having some more skin to skin in our bed he was weighed and came in at 9lb 1oz...exactly the same as his brother!

It was (as was my first) an amazing, painful but amazing experience. :happydance:

Ah well done, glad the 2nd part was easier for u. Congratulations!

congrats on little Freddie! Loved your homebirth story.

carries - that sounded amazing!! Well done hun xxx
congratulations xx

Awesome birth story! Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back