Home Water Birth

Kellz

Pregnant Again
Reaction score
Has anyone had a water birth at home?
I had water births with 3 of mine but at the hospital.
I'm thinking this time I'd like to have a water birth at home (assuming everything is OK).

I just think everything would be easier at home is all.

That is what my hope is, to have a home water birth. I really want the water birth by my local hospital doesn't allow them, so the only other option is at home, which I think I would prefer anyway.

How were your first three? Did relaxing in the water help with pain management and reduce tearing?

i would like a water birth at the hospital, but im having my mom and the babies dad at the birth who iam no longer with, i would feel really uncomfortable being totally naked infront of them both, do you think i could wear a bikini top :rofl: i kno it sounds pathetic, but thts the only solution i can come up with lol?

Yeah they'd let you wear a bikini.. But I think it'd fall off tbh lol!

i would like a water birth at the hospital, but im having my mom and the babies dad at the birth who iam no longer with, i would feel really uncomfortable being totally naked infront of them both, do you think i could wear a bikini top :rofl: i kno it sounds pathetic, but thts the only solution i can come up with lol?

They may even let you wear a sports bra, might stay on better than a bikini top....

i just did abit of research and found that quite alot of people wear like tankini's and bra's in the water so i dnt feel as stupid anymore, just i'd never heard of anyone wearing a bikini to give birth in lol. do i need to ask my midwife if i can have a water birth?

ps kellz, sorry for just intruding on your post!

Eeeks - a few of my replies seem to have vanished.

Leanne - no intrusion hun =) yep, you'll need to discuss things with your midwife and you'll need one who supports water births and has some experience. Try to find one who is happy to monitor you in the water instead of making you get out to monitor you.

I asked if I could wear a t-shirt and was told yes so long as it isn't too long or baggy.
I ended up taking it off because it was bugging me anyway.
When you go into labour you leave your diginity at the door and pick it up on the way out LOL

I'm hoping for a water birth at the hospital but my midwife hasn't discussed anything about the birth with me yet. When will she start talking about this?

xx

I don't know hun.
I actively asked my midwife about it and made it clear that's what I wanted to do.

I'll search out my birth plan that I made for Harvey - it's in one of my journals and I'll post it.

Ah I knew I said I'd find my birth plan for someone.
I posted it in Pregnancy Club.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->