Home Water Hypnobirth of Finley

CookieCrazy

Mummy To Finley!
Reaction score
Finley was born three days overdue on the 31st of August at 4.52am weighing 8lb 3 oz. I had woken up on the 30th after a really bad nights sleep not feeling quite right, I think this was the beginning of slow labour as I was having mild back cramps about 40 minutes apart. I went to my midwife appointment and she said that might be the start of labour. I walked home and on the way frantically stocked up with food at Tesco's which was probably another sign! As the day went on the surges got stronger and more frequent and we eventually called the hospital at 10pm. I think the hypnobirthing helped us remain so calm throughout the day, we just chilled and watched movies and OH read me the relaxations. By about 11.30pm the midwifes arrived at our house, I was in the birth pool by then and the water really helped me relax, as I had been finding it really hard to stay still, all the surges were in my lower back, I just felt the need to move around all the time. I came out the pool then as my surges were slowing. I think the midwifes were worried that I was not even in labour as they kept saying they did not want me to be disappointed! And to be honest I was not even sure if I was in labour or if this was just a really strong practice labour. I tried to get some sleep, as I was so tired by this point and I had been sick a few times, but the midwifes said it was a good sign. By 2.30 am I asked for an internal as I did not want to be wasting their time and to see if I actually was in labour, turned out I was 5cm dialated and my waters broke accidently during the exam. The labour rocketed after this, but I also felt so much better during the surges, they were stronger but I could stay still and breath through them. After alot of rocking on my birth ball I moved back into the pool again, but had to come out as my surges slowed again. Before long I could feel his head move down and I did not experience the dreaded transition, I was just to ready to have him in my arms. I moved back into the pool and I could feel my body starting to move him down and I just used the used the breathing all the way through. He was born in the pool and caught by OH. It was the most amazing experience of our lives. I believe the hypnobirthing made such a huge difference to our birth, our midwife said it was textbook and it was obvious we were prepared for it. I had no tearing or anything and the placenta came away fine.

We are just so happy with the experience, it could not have gone any better, although I must admit I did try gas and air once but it was rubbish and I felt it hindered my breathing techniques. I did swap the balloon breathing for golden thread breath which I had learnt in my yoga pregnancy classes, I found it worked better for me.

Finley is a really happy and content baby and loves having his baths. He has taken to breastfeeding no problem and now weighs 11lb 4oz at 4 weeks!

Thanks for reading:)

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 12
Congratulations, what a great birth experience and such a cutie!

wow that's the kind of giving birth i want to experience too! :thumbup: Very cool! Congratulations! :flower:

congratulations! i'm delighted for you (and me..) I'm starting my hypnobirthing course next week and stories like this make me feel so hopeful!!
thanks for sharing.

Beautiful birth story, and beautiful baby boy to match! Congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->