Homebirth after c-section

Kerryanne

mummy of 2 and pregnant
Reaction score
Has anyone done this, or is planning too.

Well i am just wanting to talk too someone whos been through it ?? As am planning a homebirth and i had a c-section with my last. :D

Hiya chick,

I haven't had a vbac but my mum did, yonks and donks ago and she was fine! See what your MW says at your booking in appt, it's good to tell them what you want early. I hope you don't come up against any trouble.

I'm planning a HB too and I've found this site to very good for everything related.

https://www.homebirth.org.uk/vbac.htm

HTH

Jo x

I'll be going for a homebirth next time after an emC-section. I've got a lot of VBAC and HBAC links if you want. just PM me.

It all depends on why you had a c-section? Medical problem, physical problem or not progressing?

I wouldn't personally risk it. I had a natural birth and then an emergency section due to complications which arose second time but my consultant told me that a home birth is very high risk after a section. It is a personal choice but I wouldn't do it for any reason.

why is it high risk,

Do the research, the environment at home prevents the vast majority of those risks.

Yes there is a risk of rupture but let's keep this in perspective. Statistically the risk is less than 0.35% (and this percentage is also based on dehiscences where the scar comes apart slightly, a totally benign happening that causes no risk to mother or baby, as well as true ruptures which require immediate attention). Any midwife will be aware of whether something is going wrong - the best indicators for rupture are usually the mothers pulse, temperature, BP and a change in pain sensations. In hospital, many women end up being attached to an EFM for constant monitoring instead of having constant MW supervision, and it is these women who are more likely to have problems (although they often end up having another CS anyway as they can't be active and mobile enough for a good productive labour), PLUS THERES FEW storys going round where babys have died in hospital because there not enough staff too look after the women and they are not spotting the sign. At least by having a homebirth, I would receive one to one care throughout my labour - it is usually standard procedure to alert the ambulance service when there is a homebirth going on, especially one classed as "high risk", so should a problem occur, i'd be bluelighted to hospital whilst the theatre was made ready. It is incredibly rare for a labouring woman to be transferred in for an emergency - more usually it is because labour isn't progressing quickly enough for all concerned. Plus it takes theater 15 mins to set up so by the time mw phones in and i get to hospital theater would be ready.

Doctors do this, think that womens body dont work right thats there something wrong with us :rofl: I have given birth before i can do it again.

I don't know why i had a c-section for...they never said, just went nuts that my son was going to die, wheeled me knocked me out (Didn't even ask for my consent) and thats it.

Your are 4 times more likely to die having a c-section and i nearly died with y son c-section so am taking my changes and trusting my body

The first c-section isn't the problem it's the following ones...My friend who is pregnant after a c-section was told this. The doctors are going full head with a vbac :)

I know, she's over the moon :)

oh ur in Australia, the doctors out there really trust in womens body, Australia is prob one of the best places too give birth.

Along side holland, Holland if ur not classed as high risk and u want to be in hospital u have to pay for it urself lol, there rate for everything is very low.

https://www.caesarean.org.uk/articles/VBACOnWhoseTerms.html maybe you should read this

I've been told by my midwife most ruptures happen to women who have not had a c-section!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->