Homebirth hopeful

MadamRose

Mummy to 3 and WTT for #4
Reaction score
I have recently found out me and Dh are expecting #2

I wanted home birth for dd1 but for many reasons i didnt have one. My birth with dd was good, apart for some bleeding after i delivered and got out of water and the need for stitches.

Could the bleeding be reason for them to not want me to have a homebirth?

Is there anything i can start doing early on to get ready?

Congratulations :)

Every pregnancy and delivery is different so that shouldn't be a block on a homebirth. However in my experience it tends to differ from trust to trust.

In my first pregnancy I got a homebirth without hesitation. Then at 36 weeks with my second child I moved house and had the mother of all fights to get my home birth agreed. They made me jump through a million hoops but it was finally agreed. Ironically I went two weeks overdue, going into labour right as I had to start fighting again, and my BP went sky high so I ended up delivering in hospital :growlmad:

Obviously you cannot be refused a home birth and someone must be sent to attend you if you really dig your heels in. But it's better to arm yourself with facts and have them agree to the home birth.

Having said all of that. My emergency delivery in hospital last time confirmed that I will not be delivering in hospital this time (unless for medical emergency) and I will have my home birth even if its unattended! :winkwink:

Congratulations :)

Every pregnancy and delivery is different so that shouldn't be a block on a homebirth. However in my experience it tends to differ from trust to trust.

In my first pregnancy I got a homebirth without hesitation. Then at 36 weeks with my second child I moved house and had the mother of all fights to get my home birth agreed. They made me jump through a million hoops but it was finally agreed. Ironically I went two weeks overdue, going into labour right as I had to start fighting again, and my BP went sky high so I ended up delivering in hospital :growlmad:

Obviously you cannot be refused a home birth and someone must be sent to attend you if you really dig your heels in. But it's better to arm yourself with facts and have them agree to the home birth.

Having said all of that. My emergency delivery in hospital last time confirmed that I will not be delivering in hospital this time (unless for medical emergency) and I will have my home birth even if its unattended! :winkwink:

That's very helpful thank you.

I bleed once i got out of the water but they managed to stop it pretty soon, like within 1-2 minutes.

I would much prefer to have a homebirth, i got it agreed with DD, but panicked near then end when i had reduced fetal movement (wasnt suprised thought when i was told she was 9lbs 12 she obviously just didnt have room) and the doctor told me to birth in hospital and i didnt follow my instincs.

So i'm hoping it will get agreed to again this time, as it's something i have always wanted. I don't want to be apart from my DD for ever in a day because i'm in hospital either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->