Homebirth Refused

I've got the pool, hoses, towels etc too but also going to get waterproof sheeting and incontinence sheets like the big pads they use in hospital. Will also have a www bag with clothes for me and baby and maternity pads, stuff like that :)

We bought cheap shower curtains as apparently they're just as good as waterproof sheeting but cheaper :) I've got some nappy changing pads left over from when DS1 was little that I plan on using as well.
Are you getting a thank you gift for the attending midwives?

My own birth box has :
Hot water bottle, 4 shower curtains, 3 large towels, 3 baby towels, disposable pads (bought 25 off ebay for around 3.50), 2 buckets (purely for my pukey needs lol) 1pk maternity pads, 3 knickers, dressing gown, cord tie, birth plan, cotton wool, nappies, bendy straws, hose pipe, tap connector, breast pads, thermoneter, hand gel, water spray bottle, baby hat, socks, mittens. 1 day time outfit / 1 night time outfit (birth time depending) light blanket for baby, spare clothes for me & slipper socks.

Basically done this as last thing i wanted to do was be givem hubby instructions on where to find stuff.
Hes type that will constantly say 'i cant see it' its right infront of him lol.

I also have my own hosp / baby bag as a just in case measure enough for 24hrs.

In bag i got off mw was yellow tub filled with needles, etc. A tray for placenta, clamp & those tools. Some more disposable pads, lots paper work.

She said will bring rest of the stuff when i call her :)

Sorry for the long post.

I've got the pool, hoses, towels etc too but also going to get waterproof sheeting and incontinence sheets like the big pads they use in hospital. Will also have a www bag with clothes for me and baby and maternity pads, stuff like that :)

We bought cheap shower curtains as apparently they're just as good as waterproof sheeting but cheaper :) I've got some nappy changing pads left over from when DS1 was little that I plan on using as well.
Are you getting a thank you gift for the attending midwives?

I hadn't thought of that. Is it a thing? I bake wedding, birthday cakes etc and had thought I'd make some cupcakes while in labour for them time dependent :/

My own birth box has :
Hot water bottle, 4 shower curtains, 3 large towels, 3 baby towels, disposable pads (bought 25 off ebay for around 3.50), 2 buckets (purely for my pukey needs lol) 1pk maternity pads, 3 knickers, dressing gown, cord tie, birth plan, cotton wool, nappies, bendy straws, hose pipe, tap connector, breast pads, thermoneter, hand gel, water spray bottle, baby hat, socks, mittens. 1 day time outfit / 1 night time outfit (birth time depending) light blanket for baby, spare clothes for me & slipper socks.

Basically done this as last thing i wanted to do was be givem hubby instructions on where to find stuff.
Hes type that will constantly say 'i cant see it' its right infront of him lol.

I also have my own hosp / baby bag as a just in case measure enough for 24hrs.

In bag i got off mw was yellow tub filled with needles, etc. A tray for placenta, clamp & those tools. Some more disposable pads, lots paper work.

She said will bring rest of the stuff when i call her :)

Sorry for the long post.

I think mine will more or less have the same when I get organised :)

I'm buying my cheap shower curtains this weekend. Already have a birth/hospital bag ready with mine and baby's things.
I hadn't thought about a gift for the midwives xx

I'm thinking maybe just chocolates or something.
I don't think it is expected or something that people always do - but I just want to do something to say thank you for coming out to me, especially as I didn't know if it was going to be possible.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->