Homebirth turned hospital birth

La Mere

Mama of 4, ttc #5
Reaction score
Well, this wonderful journey started in the end of May beginning of June last year. My periods are like clockwork, I was never late more than half a day. I actually remember the night I got pregnant, thinking that I was but just putting it out of my mind. My husband I and were in the process of getting ready for a trip to Arizona for a Native American ceremony (during which I usually always get my period) and packing all our stuff to move into our new apartment when we returned from out trip. Well, that trip was about a week and half or so... still no period and no way to get a pregnancy test.

When we returned home, I went out and bought about 5-6 test and took all of them, not on the same day of course... but all of them were positive. I was excited but scared at the same time. Fast forward a couple months....

My husband and I had planned to have a natural waterbirth at home, which worried my family but not my husband's since he and most all his siblings had been born at home. I had two midwives as we moved in the middle of my pregnancy. My first midwife was wonderful, she was like a second mother to me and with her we had planned for a waterbirth in the living room of our second story apartment. Fast forward a couple months and we are settling into our new home an still searching for a midwife in our new area who would do a waterbirth... we finally found one! (Funny thing is, I had found her before we moved but never really confirmed anything.) My new midwife, who was about 2 hours away from where we live is an absolute doll! She is like the sister I never had!

The prenatal visits all went wonderfully and as my due date grew closer we all became more excited! But then, my due date came and went!! I was getting really anxious, but a week later with my mom coming to visit for the birth and about 30 minutes away from the house I went into labor. My husband inflated the birthing pool and began heating up the water to fill it. After my mom arrived, I finally called my midwife to tell her that I was for sure in labor. My midwife arrived with her assistants at around 2 am, (I went into labor around 10:30 pm) I continued to labor both in and out of the pool, using a birthing stool, birthing ball and just being on all fours... I eventually wore myself and my daughter out enough to where my midwife thought it was best if she got us to the hospital. (And that was at about 12:30 -1:00 pm) I labored for a couple more hours and gave birth to my DD all naturally and no tears (thanks to my epi-no) at 3:45 pm! It may not have happened the way I had planned for but it was still a wonderful and breathtakingly beautiful experience that I wouldn't change for the world!:cloud9:https://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n588/Rayvens_Mama/189948_197535433597991_100000246073916_662625_6438565_n.jpg
https://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n588/Rayvens_Mama/189627_197535293598005_100000246073916_662620_2043267_n.jpg
https://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n588/Rayvens_Mama/IMAG0548.jpg

Congratulations :) Pictures please ;) x

Thank you!! I have some pictures of her up in the photo gallery, if you would like to so look at them. And congratulations on your LO!!:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->