Homebirth with GD or too much amniotic fluid??

Mum22GTTC

Reaction score
I finally plucked up the courage to tell my midwife I wanted a HB at my 34 week appointment, she was totally on board - don't know why I was so worried!:dohh:

BUT, my fundal height measurement had tailed off so she sent me for a growth scan to be safe. I wasn't worried at all as this has happened in all my pregnancies. However at the scan they found my fluid level to be a bit high (baby's growth was fine) so I'm having bloods & a GTT to see if there is a reason for the extra fluid.

The consultant said if the results come back ok, baby's growth remains ok etc, then I can still have my HB, as currently the fluid is only just above the normal range. So fingers crossed that will be the outcome.

But what if I have got gestational diabetes or some kind of infection - would you advise a hospital birth? Has anyone got any experiences of this kind of situaltion?

Obviously I don't want to put the baby at risk, but I really want to avoid a hospital birth if possible!

Thank you for any advice :flower:

But what if I have got gestational diabetes or some kind of infection - would you advise a hospital birth? Has anyone got any experiences of this kind of situation?

These questions are best answered by your midwife. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about a condition or infection that you probably don't have. IF you have a complication, the risks/benefits of continuing with your homebirth plan are best discussed with your midwife.

Just wondered if anyone had any experiences, obviously I will be talking to my health professionals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->