Homebirthers.... Did mw bring anaesthetic for potential stitches

Freya

Toddler and baby
Reaction score
Just wondering..... Did the mw have a stash of local anaesthetic for potential episiotomy or stitching post birth at home. It wasn't mentioned at my home assessment meeting and quite frankly would rather give birth twice than imagine being stitched without being numb down there!! Eeek!!!

needles have been dropped off in my birthing box so i assume she will bring it with her. altho for me anaesthetic doesnt work on me at all. i had it before i was cut and stitched and i felt it all but have to say it didnt hurt, just felt so weird

Gas and air but you are much kes likely to need stitches or an episiotomy at home. :)

Gas and air but you are much kes likely to need stitches or an episiotomy at home. :)

That's what I'm hoping. I think I'm getting last minute twitches and starting to think I'd be somehow comforted by knowing certain things are there 'if' I wanted them. Already regretting saying don't book any pethadine out, won't need it. :) ahhhh the mind is a funny thing! Xxx

even tho local anaesthetic has no effect on me im now worried about it not being there hahaha

even tho local anaesthetic has no effect on me im now worried about it not being there hahaha

Lol! O no, I'm spreading my negativity!!! Just. Ignore me. We'll be just fine :thumbup:

Lol! O no, I'm spreading my negativity!!! Just. Ignore me. We'll be just fine :thumbup:

im having a panic anyway today so its not ur fault hahaha

ive done it all before and everything down there went back to normal lol so i dont no why im so worried. after all giving birth is the easy part really

lol local anesthitic doesnt work on me either so im gonna tell her not to bother and just give me the gas and air lol one less needle prick

My midwife said they bring it with them but I never had it when I had stitches with seth & tbh didn't think it was too bad.

May be a different story this time mind :haha:

xxx

I have had stitches with my last 3 births, I keep tearing in the same episiotomy scar, and have not had any anesthetic for the stitches. It burns like a SOB, but it is not that bad. So dont fret! GL on your upcoming birth.

Yes, she brought numbing spray, the same thing they used on me in the hospital with ds1. I did not tear though.

Hi

I had a couple of stitches after I had DD2 at home (probably tore from pushing when I didn't have contractions) and the mw didn't use any anaesthetic. It wasn't the most comfortable experience but it was better than lots of needles down there and it was over pretty quickly. I just kept using my hypnotherapy to breath through it and do the 3-2-1-RELAX in my head. I think she said she had some in the car but hadn't brought it in and if I was ok with being stitched without anything she wouldn't bother. I'd given birth with nothing so why have anaesthetic for a couple of stitches lol!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"