Reaction score
Has anyone got any quick & easy home made soups for the slow cooker or the hob

:headspin:

what do you fancy?
i have nice butternut squash one

bex

Chicken, ham, noodles, rice, vegs ....

In a box - if not in a bin!! LOL

BUT I can get one :D I use to bake lots of home goodies in fact I use to make money from baking when I was 16/17 so OH promised I could get all the needed gear to start again Mmmm

:munch: Potato and leek - yum!

Tip - fry the leeks and some celery in butter before adding the stock, milk and cubed potatoes. It makes a heck of a difference. And you can either blend to smooth after, keep chunky, or even blend half and keep half chunky!

Then when serving, sprinkle some crispy bacon croutons on the top.

Is there a recipe for that Amanda that I can follow? :rofl:

Keep forgetting to pick up a blender but I will get there!! lol!

orange soup

use all or a combination of the following veg: pumpkin, butternut, carrot, sweet potato ( yam). must use at least pumpkin or butternut as a base.
cut the veg into cubes and add about 2 tbs of butter or margarine and an onion chopped. add salt and pepper to taste and cook on a low flame in a pot til the onions are translucent ( about ten min)
then add about 1.5 liters of chicken stock ( to cheat u can buy a packet of chicken noodle soup or use chicken powdered soup)
boil for twenty min.
to make creamy add two tbsp of cooking cream
optional : some cinnamon.

Potato, onion, leeks, then in the last few mins of cooking, add some watercress and/or spinach (im not fussy I just add anything to my soup). Leave to cook for a bit so you don't wreck your blender lol, whiz it until nice and runny (or however you like it) then warm up, add salt and pepper.. yum yum! and serve with french bread.

Wild mushroom soup
French onion soup

Got recipes for those too, tell me if interested.

MMM Tilly, Can I have the one for Wild Mushroom?? Sounds delicious

MMM Tilly, Can I have the one for Wild Mushroom?? Sounds delicious
It's in my Italian cook book and it's too dark in my room to find, but i'll try to remember tomorrow. If I don't post here pm me and i'll tell you it (bad memory). It is beautiful!!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->