Homeopathic remedies for teething

colsy

Mummy to 2 li'l pudd'ns
Reaction score
I've used Ashton and Parson's powders a few times with our teething son, but although it has an instant calming effect, that effect lasts about 1minute (no exaggeration), and as soon as the powder dissolves he gets grumpy again. I am not sure what Ashton's actually comprises, although AFAIK it isn't a homeopathic remedy.

Has anybody had any better results with the homeopathic remedy chamomilla? If so, did you use Nelson's or another brand?

Any other natural remedies you can recommend? He doesn't seem to be in extreme pain, but those toothypegs are definitely making him grumpy, a bad daytime napper, and really clingy and fussy/grizzly.

Amber necklace :D Best thing I've bought for Hayden!!! He went from barely sleeping, barely eating, obviously hurting when he was getting teeth to me not even knowing they were coming most of the time, until seeing them in his mouth!

We use nelsons - it works for Izzy, but she doesnt teeth too badly anyway

we use a teething necklace and nelsons with the occasional dose of calpol as he got three breaking through at the mo.

We use an Amber teething necklace, and Nelson's powders.

I have Ashtons and Parsons in the house, and I think it is homeopathic - from what I remember it's the root of a plant as the main ingredient. I just find it fiddly getting the little parcels unwrapped and into her mouth without it going everywhere! The Nelson's ones are much easier, and she opens her mouth for me to tip it in!

We use an Amber teething necklace, and Nelson's powders.

I have Ashtons and Parsons in the house, and I think it is homeopathic - from what I remember it's the root of a plant as the main ingredient. I just find it fiddly getting the little parcels unwrapped and into her mouth without it going everywhere! The Nelson's ones are much easier, and she opens her mouth for me to tip it in!

hehe Izzy does too - she opens her mouth and pokes out her tongue as soon as I say 'are you ready for your drugs?!'

Aww, that's so cute!

My DH keeps calling it her "magic white powder" :dohh: :blush:

Have you ever used any Dr Bach's flower remedies?

Walnut essence is supposed to be very good for teething babies. We havnt needed to use anything other than his amber necklace so far, but if he has a bad patch will use the walnut.

That's good to know, thanks Rach! I love Bach's remedies for me, so will keep walnut in mind if we ever need it :)

I use the chamomilla teething granules and the chamomilla drops from Weleda along with a teething necklace (then Calpol/Nurofen when it gets REALLY bad!).
I can't compare with Ashtons and Parsons as we can't use as she is allergic to diary and it has lactose in it but she seems to calm down after a dose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->