homeopathy in pregnancy/labour

Noonoo1

Reaction score
Hi,

just posted this in the 3rd tri but thought here might be a good place too...

I've been given a homeopathic birth/pregnancy kit by a friend. She swears by it and says some of the tablets were great at bringing on labour and helped her during labour and pregnancy.

Anyone else tried homeopathy? Reading the booklet, there are remedies for all pregnancy ailments in there and am considering trying a few, but have always been very sceptical of this kind of stuff.

Also, if used during labour, is this actually effective as do these pills have time to work?! Or is it just the placebo effect?

Any advice/shared experience very much appreciated

The placebo effect is better then nothing............

Hi - I used one during last labour and really liked it. My DH was in charge of it and just kept giving me pills to take every so often. Sometimes he asked me questions about how I was feeling so he could work out which one to give. If nothing else it gave him something to do! :haha:
I think that it does work - I had a remedy for morning sickness and it worked a treat.

I have used a homeopathic remedy for hayfever this pregnancy which I felt worked....and am definitely planning on using at least rescue remedy and probably arnica for the labour. I love rescue remedy!

I've heard great things about homeopathy in pregnancy and labour, although I haven't tried it myself so can't make an informed judgement. However I would say, even if it is a placebo effect, it's well worth doing. If swallowing a few herbal tablets helps you to keep calm then I'm all for it :)

Pain management has a lot to do with mind over matter and if you believe they're working and/or helping you will be better placed to focus in on what your body is asking you to do without only being able to focus on the waves of contraction pain :)

Pain management has a lot to do with mind over matter and if you believe they're working and/or helping you will be better placed to focus in on what your body is asking you to do without only being able to focus on the waves of contraction pain :)

I think that's a very good point. A HUGE part of labouring and birth is and can be controlled or inhibited by our thoughts, feelings and emotions. I have seen alot of success with the use of homeopathics in labour and my scientific reasoning tells me it's due to the above reason alone, but who knows :shrug: The key thing that matters is that it can work!

In case anyone else is interested in my experiences, I posted in the thread in third tri.

I have a Helios kit and I love it. I rarely use it to 'do' things in labour' I dont use it to try to affect contractions in any way or induce labour as I see it as an intervention but sometimes a little energy boost or something to calm can be great - and it's not just always for my client! I always give arnica after too. Who cares if it's a placebo effect....if it works then great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->