Homerton Fertility clinic + FSH levels

lexus15

Praying for 1 more
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I need to rant:growlmad:

My OH & I recently had a fs appt/review of my blood tests & his SA. We were told that everything had come back ok apart from my FSH levels 'which was slightly high at 12.3'. The fs stated that they couldn't get a result for AMH as there wasn't enough blood!:growlmad: he gave brief info to what FSH & AMH was & said that I needed to get my AMH done if we wanted IVF at a later stage..

He then went on to say that our next step would be to do IUI with injectibles & did we want to try for the following month. Talk about being put on the spot!

I tried to ask about upping the dose of Clomid that I had recently been on but he was adament that if it never resulted in a BFP during the 6 months at 50mg, then there was no point in trying it again & that our best bet would be to do IUI.

I feel that as we are self funding & he knew this, he wasn't prepared to offer more natural chances of conceiving. He kept going on about how much it was going to cost and the success rates (which weren't much better than trying naturally).

He also stipulated that as we are paying we can have as many tries of IUI as we want before embarking on IVF. The IUI will cost approx £400, which to some of you may be cheap but with both of us not in low paid jobs it will leave us struggling. :growlmad:

I feel that the fs/hospital was only after making as much money as possible from people like us. Once we agreed, he printed out lots of paperwork we needed to sign & ushered us out of his office even though I was trying to ask questions at the time.

This happened about 2 weeks ago & I am still upset with how we were dealt with.

Has any of you lowered your FSH levels naturally? What with? Outcome?

Thanks for listening to my rant.

I do not know this for sure, but I've heard that wheatgrass lowers fsh levels...again...I do not know for sure, I have not tried this, (well, I'm taking wheatgrass now but have not had my fsh levels taken again).

Good Luck!

Hi there, I'm using vitex to accomplish the goal of overcoming the issue that having a high FSH is supposed to present(which is inability to ovulate). While I don't know what my numbers are now, I had a Day 4 reading of 28 in June, 2011. Right after that, I got on vitex (via the FertilAid supplement) and I ovulated TWICE that same cycle. You should not use vitex + clomid.

HTH,
*SS*

Thanks ladies for your input. :hugs:

I'm going to do a bit of research & see what I can take to bring it down & improve egg quality. I read that royal jelly (from bees) may be good to take as well, but not sure?

:hugs:

Thanks ladies for your input. :hugs:

I'm going to do a bit of research & see what I can take to bring it down & improve egg quality. I read that royal jelly (from bees) may be good to take as well, but not sure?

:hugs:

Yes, yes- but I've heard that it's good for those with low estrogen. So, if you have fibroids (for example) or bad PMS- you may want to do vitex instead. I'm not sure about the wheat grass. Have to check into that one.

I do not know this for sure, but I've heard that wheatgrass lowers fsh levels...again...I do not know for sure, I have not tried this, (well, I'm taking wheatgrass now but have not had my fsh levels taken again).

Good Luck!

K, yours and another post totally had me look into why wheatgrass can help lower fsh. It seems that it is a power food, so it detoxifies ovaries and liver making it easier for them to work optimally. I also understand that high FSH is bad for chemically aided cycle (with Femera or Clomid), but natural pregnancies can and do still happen.

Hope it helps with :bfp:. Keep us posted.

I do not know this for sure, but I've heard that wheatgrass lowers FSH levels. Hi there, I'm using vitex to accomplish the goal of overcoming the issue that having a high FSH is supposed to present which is inability to ovulate. Thanks for sharing..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->