Honest opinion on our name choice?

Spacey

Mom of 2 TTC#3
Reaction score
DH and I decided early on to name our daughter Adelyn Mae.

I've gotten mixed feedback. My sister absolutely hates the name. I told her everyone I've talked to said it was actually kinda cute and unique. Her response was, "well of course no one is going to tell you they hate it to your face!" and "I really think Evelyn is a lot prettier!" She's really starting to p*** me off. I've told her she should have named her daughter that then if she's so in love with the name, and that it's MY baby, NOT hers.

We wanted to honor my grandmother and my mother. My grandmother's name is Audrey, and my mother's middle name is Mae. I didn't want to exactly use my grandmother's name, so I think Adelyn is pretty close enough.

The name isn't changing as DH and I both really love it and already have been referring to her by it. Just curious as to what others honest opinions of it are.

i love the name! I considered naming my daughter addelyn and calling her addie. we decided against it though, because the name has seemed to exploded in popularity!

Sorry but I much prefer Audrey! Audrey is classic and beautiful.

You asked for honesty, so here goes...ever since someone on here pointed it out, Adelyn/Adaline has sounded like a prescription to me. You know, like a brand name for an antidepressant or something.

I think it is beautiful! Addie is a cute nn too if you're into nns.

Don't worry about your sister, she'll get over herself eventually, and if not.....sod her :haha:
My grandmother kept going on about how Oliver was a 'cruel' name for a child these days! She loves it now!!

It is bloody annoying though, I know!

where as there is nothing wrong with the name (its cute) I have no idea how you got Adelyn from Audrey the only thing in common is they both start with A

Audrey based names tend to be:

Audelia
Audene
Audessa
Audi/Audie
Audra
Audrea/Audria
Audree/Audri/Audrie/Audry
Audreen
Audrielle
Audrina
Audris
Audrye
Aubrey
Audriana
Adrea

Our baby girl name is adalyn jai!!! So I obviously love adelyn mae

I absolutely love the name! Honestly I think some people just get way too picky when it comes to names. :shrug:

Adelyn is adorable and lovely! Don't listen to your sister. It's great.

Well the name Adeline came up while I was looking at older names. When I saw it, for some reason it made me think of my grandmother, which is why I say it's close enough. I instantly fell in love with it. We wanted the spelling to be more "modern" so we decided on Adelyn. Anyway. :)

Thank you all for the feedback! :flower:

Prefer Audrey, but your name choice is beautiful as well. She's rude anyways!! Gosh!! And Evelyn is adorable!!!!! Gosh I love that, too, but what you picked is wonderful as well.

This is why I would never ever tell my name.

I like Adelyn but I prefer the Adeline spelling. It looks more timeless/classy.

Well, I *might* be biased... but I LOVE the name Adelyn. That might be due to me and my SO deciding to name ours Adalynn, though. Lol. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->