Honest opinions on names?

Laurana

Working on #4
Reaction score
Id like to honor my family by using a family name- but I'm not sure if I'm setting the baby up to hate their name. Ultrasound tech is guessing girl - but we're checking again in 4 weeks. If the baby is a girl, I'm considering my great grandmothers name - it had been passed down through many generations. She lived to a couple months shy if her 100 th birthday and is my only great grandparent that I really knew. She went by Quillie, but the formal name is Aquila- Latin for eagle and also a constellation. I've never known anyone else by this name. Thoughts?

I think it's a very pretty name - if I'm pronouncing it right :/ And either way the meaning is very cool.
I think it's your child, your choice! Our little girl will have the same middle name as me, my mom, and my grandmother.

Other options are also constellations- Carina or Lyra. So hard to pick - I really want this baby to love the name, not hate it.

All those names sound great to me! We are Greek and we were thinking of Andromeda, which is also a constellation, so I guess we have similar tastes :D

Aquila is a BEAUTIFUL name! Love it! I prefer it to Carina and Lyra, though those are really pretty too.

Such a beautiful name. I wouldn't worry about the baby not liking it. She won't know anything different.

Thanks everyone... Now to convince my husband! Lol

I love Aquila! One of my best friends in school was called Aakhila (pronounced Ack-eela) and I'm not sure if you would say it any way like that, but it's gorgeous x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->