Honeymoons

Clueless

Mom
Reaction score
What's everyone doing?

I still have no idea and would appreciate some suggestions. We are sort of flexible on budget at the moment, so cheap and expensive options are both welcome :thumbup:

We've got a couple of weeks off work after the wedding (in April if you can't be bothered to work it out from the ticker :rofl:).

Me and My Husband got married on Saturday and we spent our wedding nite in a castle in the bridal suite which was lovely but we cnt take a honeymoon intill around end of march now as i start a new job in Jan an that was when we were going to go somewhere but il be training new entrants so i cnt go now :-( we are looking to go somewhere in the carribbean for 10 days of pure relaxation! will need it by then :)

xxx

We're off to Cuba for a fortnight, its costing an arm and a leg but it will be worth it

Dont go to Seher Resort and Spa in Turkey.

x

It depends on what you want from a honeymoon really.
I've heard that originally a honeymoon was drinking mead/eating honey every day for a cycle of the moon after the wedding and it's still a fairly workable idea if you're not keen on travelling.
You could sit down and chat about places that you've always wanted to visit but haven't been able to, or you could return to a destination that's special to you as a couple if there is one. A lot of people go for exotic beach holidays but if you prefer city breaks then perhaps that would be a better option. You don't need to go abroad either! We looked at hotels and B&Bs in the Peaks, although even that's outside our budget:dohh:! Wales, Scotland and Ireland have a lot to offer too.
As far as I'm concerned, I don't care whether we go away or stay at home as long as we have a relaxing week together to enjoy each others company and just generally being newly weds!:cloud9:

Hope that's a little bit of help!

Beca :wave:

I've heard that originally a honeymoon was drinking mead/eating honey every day for a cycle of the moon after the wedding and it's still a fairly workable idea if you're not keen on travelling.

Loving that :rofl:

We are both a bit too indecisive for our own good :wacko:

Reckon we're going to have to combine some beach and city stuff as we get bored quite easily. Though I don't tan in the slightest so am not bothered where, but do like the heat...:headspin: Arrggghhh I give up

We had a tight budget so spent 2 weeks in Sharm el Sheikh. It was lovely though. Mopre about spending time alone together than anything else!

We are going to the Maldieves for 11 days!! Costing a fair amount but its once in a life time and we both wanted something peacefull sunny and relaxing where we could just spend time together!!!

We are hopefully going to Egypt for a couple of weeks & doing one week on a cruise up the nile and another week at a nice hotel, just trying to find somewhere really lovely.

Too many people keep telling me bad stories about food poisoning though! Grr!

xXx

We went to Gran Canaria, a place called Puerto Mogan. It is absolutely beautiful and we have recommended it to a few people who have gone and LOVED it. We stayed at the Cordial Mogan Playa hotel

We're going to Couples Swept Away in Negrill, Jamaica.

https://www.couples.com/12sw/index.html

Only 11 days away!

hi girlies
we went to tenerife for a week in first week of september09, it was gorgeous, stayed in a place called costa adeje it was gorgeous, £900 for 2 of us just roo, tho, but didnt need to worry about it being nasty due to cheapness it was amazing , it doesnt matter where you go as long as your there together we got told we were being stupid for going to tenerife and why not go somewhere like seychelles aldives etc, but we wanted to go there as garunteed weather , go where ya budget takes you . we asked for money for gifts so we could get euros for hols ended up with £1700 so did well but only spent £900 on euros

We are going to the Maldieves for 11 days!! Costing a fair amount but its once in a life time and we both wanted something peacefull sunny and relaxing where we could just spend time together!!!

We're off to the Maldives too. I can't wait. It looks amazing, doesn't it?

We went to Disneyland Paris for 4 days the week after and then went to WDW in Florida for a fortnight - would highly recommend it.

We've both been fortunate to have visited some very nice places in the world and just didn't fancy a beach holiday, hence why we chose Florida, it was absolutely brilliant! We stayed at the Grand Floridian for part of it and had a honeymoon suite, was perfection.

we're getting married on our honeymoon! we're off too disneyland florida, staying in the world swan and dolphin for two weeks. we're looking forward to a combination of lots of relaxing and seeing the parks. for us, it's great as it combines our dream wedding location with showing our daughter florida and disney :cloud9:

emmajane It does indeed!!!! Where abouts are you going?? We are going to Lilly Beach Resort, Huvahendhoo. We can't wait now!!! :cloud9::happydance:

princess_bump & MrsVenn I have been to Florida a few times and took my OH in 2008 just before christmas it was his first time and he LOVED it!!! You'll have a fab time! :happydance:

Ooo I don't know that one. We're going to Chaaya Lagoon Hakuraa Huraa as they have overwater bungalows we can afford! I am so excited. Don't think I have ever been so excited for a holiday!! Sad isn't it?! Hope you have a lovely time.

Ooo I don't know that one. We're going to Chaaya Lagoon Hakuraa Huraa as they have overwater bungalows we can afford! I am so excited. Don't think I have ever been so excited for a holiday!! Sad isn't it?! Hope you have a lovely time.

OO Thats one looks gorgeous!!!!! I know what you mean tho. We have compromised and are having a lagoon villa which is ahalf over water half on beach as we couldn't afford the water bungalows!! I think the only other time we were this excited about a holiday was when we went to Disney Florida!!! It's once in a life time tho so I think we are allowed to be overly excited!!! Hope you have a lovely time to, when do you go?? Ours isn't untill JULY!!!!

Wow yours looks amazing. We go on the 28th Feb. :) We are actually leaving our boys with our parents for the week so I am slightly nervous about that but just can't wait. Are you going to Scuba or dive?

:) OOo not long for you then!!! We are also going on a Sunday with Emirates!!
I am sure your little ones will have a great time with your parents but I can imagine it is difficult to leave them We haven't got any los yet are still WTT!! We will probably just snorkle as neither of us have been diving before, what about you??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->