Hook Effect? ....or am I just crazy??

LucasMom11

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm new here, and I just don't know what to do....My baby boy is 15 months. I got my period back on June 8th (a year after his birth) and I still breastfeed during nights. AF arrived again on July 8th, sharp. And that was it....no more periods. I did have some spotting around the 8-10 of August, had a lot of discharge also, but that was it.
I've had lots of symptoms: really tired, heartburn, nausea, headaches...and even a bigger belly...but all HPTs I've taken so far have been negative, except for one I took with my first morning urine, that showed positive for about a minute and then disappeared....took 2 more after that, both negative.
I was just reading about the hook effect, which happens when your HCG levels are so high that tests don't know how to interpret them....and apparently it is pretty common with multiple pregnancies....and ever since my bf and I got together (I mean, waaaaay before we even tried to conceive our son!) we coincided in the fact that, ever since we were teenagers (and waaaaaaaaaaay before we even met!) we always thought we would have twins....could it be? am I expecting too much? We are not trying, but only use condoms...what could it be? has it happened to you too? Do you know anyone who has had this 'hook effect'? I will have a blood test tomorrow...but still, I want to know what you ladies think...

THank you!! :)

Blessings to all...hoping for the best!!

I just read that at 12 weeks HCG levels should go down.....if I am pregnant, I would be about 7 weeks....should I retest in 3/4 weeks? What to do????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->