Hooray!!! AF is back!

zeezee

Over the Moon
Reaction score
I have been lurking a lot, posted a couple of times, but wanted to start posting more. This morning, 5 weeks 2 days after my d&c, 4 weeks 4 days after all spotting/anything post-d&c stopped, AF came back! I have never been so happy to see her LOL.

I now have questions for my RE: I was scanned by her 10 days post d&c (19 days ago) and she said that my lining was nice and thin at that scan, and if I bled within about 10 days of that scan then it wasn't a "real" period, but instead a kind of "pseudo-period" and she didn't want us to try after the pseudo-period for a vareity of very good reasons. Then she said that if the period was closer to the 28 days or more then it would be a real period and we could try again. Hmm - 19 is right in the middle! Will be calling her tomorrow.

I feel silly wanting to try again - I am so nervous about it. Especially since the m/c was not a chromosonal thing (like too many or too few genes, apparently this is 70% of m/c cause), but a genetic thing (someone mutated on one of the chromosones). I have even considered blowing my savings to do the 23andme genetic testing ($500).

Anyway, just wanted to start posting - hope everyone is doing ok today.

I think those are worries we all have starting ttc after a mc :)

The testing does sound interesting - if you go ahead with it would be interesting to hear how it went...

Hope you get your bfp soon :)

hx

Yes we all worry we will suffer another loss after a loss. Its only natural hun ;-)

I hope u get that bfp soon and its a nice sticky one xxx

hmm, thats exactly what happened to me too Zee, a bumper pointed the same thing out to me, and i was right in the middle of when it was pseudo vs real...but your af has come slightly later than mine

i would say bugger it and assume this is day one, then watch your monthly symptoms, if you get the cm and + opk at the right time, go for it

If you dont, post what info you have and we can confer again

Hi Nato - I was that bumper I think :) If this is a "real period" then I am doing IUI - my RE is very aggressive given my history, so I am going to do a low dose of clomid, a trigger shot for ov and IUI - hopefully this means I will ovulate no matter what!!

Thanks for your support, I really love coming on here and being able to talk through all this :)

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->