Hope Faith and Trust

Reaction score
I took five pregnancy tests yesterday. Five. All positive. You'd think i would take that as a certainty wouldn't you?

I went to the doctors anyway, who confirmed it.

But i don't know what to do. I need help and advice.

I'm so scared. I'm 19, have only been with my partner for 4 months, and i've been on the pill for years, i've never forgotten to take it, so i don't know how this happened.

My boyfriend told me he loves me and that he will support me and that we'll be a family.

But this is so new for me, i've never really liked children, never really imagined myself as a mother.

Now i don't know what to do. I'm hoping to speak to people here that are in a similar position to me. Is it scary? What is pregnancy like? What is having a child like? How do you get through something as life altering as this?

Please, any help and advice welcome x

Hiya i had my first when i was 18 and like you i could never imagine having kids and i spose i never even really liked them much. My brother was 8 at the time and i couldnt stand him lol. But i just wanna say having that baby-my little girl who is nearly 13 now changed my life.I loved her the minute i saw her and i wouldnt change having her for the world. I now have 4 beautiful children and we are currently ttc no.5. I had only been with my partner a few months when i first fell pregnant and was scared in case he left me etc etc but it all worked out great and the baby def brought us closer together and we been together ever since. I know it doesnt work out this way for everyone but i just wanted to give you some hope and let you know it doesnt have to be a bad thing you are preg it could be the best thing thats ever happened to you. If you want any advice feel free to chat to me xx

Oh honey - this must be such a shock to you1

What are your family saying about it? Its great your boyfriend has had a very positive reaction to the news.

There is a lot for you to consider - are you financially secure enough for a child? Do you have a good support network? At 19 - do you feel ready to give up the last of your teenage years to be responsible for the wellbeing of a new life?

Whatever you do - dont rush your decision. Talk about it with your man, your family and your gp. Make the decision that is right for YOU. Its your life - you have to be life with the consequences of what you decide for the rest of your days.

Good luck - and you have come to the right place for support

xxxxx

I definately agree with booflebump - it's a huge thing to happen at 19 and please take the time to think about all of your choices. Talk to your family, GP and boyfriend, but remember the decission is solely yours! Consider finances, school/career/future, living arrangements, as well as thinking of the positives do think of the inevitable negative impact that a baby brings your life .... you will come to a decission that you know is correct for you.

If you take time to consider every angle you will know it's the right decission for you and I can't stress enough how important it is that you are content with your choice.

I hope you feel that you can talk to your parents/GP/Partner about it all. Please Private message me if you want to chat! xxx

Thank you all so much for the comments and support! Means a lot to me right now.

My mum has been wonderful about it, very supportive. I don't think i will tell my dad until my 3 month scan - i'm still and probably always will be his little girl. I don't think he would be best pleased.

You'll be pleased to know that me and my partner sat down together at lunch, he had brought some books on pregnancy for me, and from talking with him, and from my GP, and from all the wonderful stories here on BabyandBump - we have decided to keep the baby. :)

Thats fantastic news! You will find all the support you need on here and it sounds like your family are going to be behind you 100%! Look forward to hearing how you get on! xx

Good luck to you guys. Take this time to strengthen your relationship. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->