Hope this goes in this thread - Has anyone declined the Swine Flu Jab?

SuzieRio

Reaction score
Not sure if this fits here, I was just wondering if anyone has chosen to decline the swine flu vaccination?

Yip, and my midwife supported me, said she just had to offer, as it's reccommended for pregnant women.

i got it a long long time before i was pregnant- it was offered to me in early 2009due to work and all the dress up gear we had to use when in work..... and im glad i didnt have to make the decision when pregnant- i defo wouldnt have got it when i was pregnant

edit- sorry i thought i was in the natural parenting section!!! hope u dont mind i just left a comment

I declined it twice ie with 2 close pregnancies and then declined it for the children too.

I was offered it IM said she has to offer it and our choice to take it i refused because really dont trust whats in the vaccination

I won't be having a swine flu jab with this one, but I doubt I'll even be offered, as I will have given birth before the "flu" season.

I am also going to trust my instinct this time and decline the vit K injection for baby. I felt a bit bullied into it with my first.
Xxx

Nope, declined it in both my pregnancies and also declined to vaccinate my daughter when it was offered to her.

Xxx

My midwife said that I could have the flu jab if I wanted but as I'd have already given birth before flu season then she didn't recommend it but to ask for it if I heard of any flu going around.
It's personal choice so I guess you just have to weigh up the pro's and con's.

x

I won't have it - but then again, I've had swine flu before. I'm not sure if that makes me immune, but it's pretty much the same as normal flu. People die of that every single year sadly!

I was advised by my MW to have the flu jab - I was pregnant in Jan/Feb this year, conceived in December, so prime winter flu time - but the GP practice had none left, so it was kinda pointless her giving me a flyer about it. I'm not convinced I would have had it even if they'd had any left, myself and blob got through the flu season unscathed :)

I think like most things relating to your pregnancy and biry. it's about weighing your personal risks. I wasn't prepared to have it in the first tri with that being the key development stage because I felt the risk of introducing a chemical cocktail at that delicate time outweighed the potential benefits. Even though I was at high risk of exposure with my job at the time in a high school, with my second pregancy the timing meant I was leaving to start mat leave mid december so I felt I could minimise my risk and even quarantine myself if needs be. If I were offered it now I'd take it as I'm not pregnant and to reduce me being a risk to families I work with.

I sort of did. I was completely conflicted about whether to get it or not, but then I had cold after cold after cold, and they prefer not to give it whilst you're ill anyway, so by the time I'd gotten over my couple of month long mega-cold, it was out of flu season anyway thank goodness, so I didn't have to make the decision. I think if I'd been really keen to have it, they may well have given it to me on one of the days I felt a bit better, though, so I guess that shows what I was leaning towards.

i didn't have it. mw and dr kept on at me, still declined though.

My midwife called and said "I know you're going to say no to this but I have to ask, do you want the swine flu vaccination?" I said no and she was totally fine with it.

I have a phobia of syringes so didn't look too much into the pros and cons of it, I just knew the stress of getting the jag would probably be worse for LO than me having the illness.

I wasn't even offered by my doctor or midwife. I would have declined if I was.

I refused it. I have never (touch wood) even had the flu, much less swine flu. I haven't even had a cold in over 18 months due to good hand hygiene, so the likelihood of catching swine flu was impossibly small, and I didn't like to put baby through it. It's a new vaccine, and the long term side effects are unknown yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->