Hopeful!

1liz9

Reaction score
Hello to all :flower:

Well my few posts were on what to do prior to the D&C. I had the D&C yesterday (blighted ovum at 7+ weeks) and I actually feel better. It finally gave some closure to the agony and the back and forth which seemed to become the norm lately.

I have good moments and bad, but trying to focus on the positive and stay hopeful.

So... my doctor told me I had to wait 3 weeks until we BD. Is this normal? Just seems like a long time as I am barely bleeding/ cramping or anything...

He also said to wait until AF arrives to TTC. What are your thoughts on this? What have your doctors said? I can be irregular so the thought of waiting until who knows when is scary..

We will be trying preseed and good ole consistency :winkwink: What is everyone else doing?

Thank you to any info/ advice you can give. I love this site as this would all be so tough going at it alone.

so sorry about your loss liz:( Its best to wait til you get your AF , althou i didnt listen , but it done me no good cos i didnt catch. iam on 2 cycle now (lost in 13 jan 2011 at 19 weeks) and iam just awaiting my af iam spotting now. Hoping to use pre seed next time around and soy (thread on here about it)

Thank you for your response spellfairy. I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs:. I wish you tons of babydust!

I think they say wait 2-3 weeks to have sex after a D&C to prevent risk of infection. At least, that's my understanding. And then waiting for your next period so that your lining has a chance to build up and shed "normally" one full time. So sorry for your loss, hun, but glad that you are feeling better and on the mend.

Most docs say 2 weeks.. I think 3 is OVERLY cautious. Just make sure the bleeding and spotting has stopped- I waited 11 days to DTD..

Also, I'd say to just have a NTNP approach to conceiving until you get your 1st AF and THEN be trying again.. that's what I did. I really don't think I even ovulated this month- I just had my 1st AF today- been 1 month since the d&c. When your body is ready to get pregnant- it WILL happen! :hugs:

I just had my D&E yesterday. My doc said to mostly wait until the bleeding stops to DTD again. We will be trying right away, and using a NTNP approach for the first month. I think we're going to have fun, and BD every 2-3 days or so. If we catch it, great! If not, then I can start using OPKs again the next cycle.

i dtd 4days later as no bleeding/spotting whats so ever and everything is ok..
i had my op 3weeks ago and dont think i ov at all so waiting for af..
sos for loss

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->