Hopefully last round of nappy Q's

redpoppy

Reaction score
1. Should I not use nappy creme and if I can use nappy creme which nappy creme is safe to use?

2. I go 4 hours (unless she poops) in a disposable during the day. Is that too long in a reusable? :blush:

3. The tots bots bamboozle is all bamboo, is it best to get a microfibre insert so that her bum stays dry as I read that bamboo gets wet and stays wet? :shrug:

Thanks!
:hugs:

Hi Ya, I would only use cream if I have a disposable liner between her bum and the nappy but not sure if your suppose to or not :)

I generally get about 3 hours out of a microfibre insert (still trying to be brave and leave her longer in hemp and bamboo lol) i'm not sure about the whole wet thing though :shrug: you could maybe put a fleece liner in instead as that I *think* draws the wee away etc?

Hope that helps a little - more experienced girls should be here shortly :D

1. Nappy creams are fine to use in my experience but use them only during nappy rash and only in a thin layer - I highly recommend Weleda's Calendula nappy cream, in my experience it's by far one of the best on the market (expensive but lasts ages).

2. 4 hrs is alright in a cloth nappy (aim more 3-4hrs) but this will depend on how much she wets it (you might need to add boosters etc); and don't forget you'll need to wash your bamboo nappies about 10 times before they reach their full potential so if you're using them in the mean time you'll prob need to change it every 1-2hrs.

3. Yep it's a good idea to use a liner to keep her bum dry as like you said bamboo won't; I'd recommend Fleece liners, they've worked well for us in the past and also prevent your nappy getting stained.

Is microfibre and fleece different? *runs of to hide shame of her ignorance*

1. Should I not use nappy creme and if I can use nappy creme which nappy creme is safe to use?
You should find you dont have too use nappy cream. However if you do its best to use a disposable or fleece liner and use fairy liquid to hand wash them quickly before putting in the machine. Some nappy creams will clog up your nappies.

2. I go 4 hours (unless she poops) in a disposable during the day. Is that too long in a reusable?
Once your nappies are up to absorbency and you have found the ones that work for you they will certainly do 4 hours. I tend to change every 3 (OH would change him every 15 minutes if allowed!).

3. The tots bots bamboozle is all bamboo, is it best to get a microfibre insert so that her bum stays dry as I read that bamboo gets wet and stays wet?
I think you mean a fleece liner? You shouldnt put microfibre against the skin as it can irritate and its absorbent so would keep her bum wet...wetter than bamboo infact! Microfibre is an absorbent, fast drying material you can use inside a nappy to soak up the pee, fleece is well...fleece and is used as a barrier between babies bum and the absorbent parts of a nappy.

Does a dispoable liner protect LOs bum from the wet and what are the pros and cons of using a dispoable or a reusable liner? :blush:

disposable liners dont really keep los bum dry as far as i know, fleece is very cheap though and bonus that its reusable, i dont even rinse them out before i put them in the wash and they come out perfect every time

if youre gna be using nappy cream, always always use a fleece liner, you will have a hell of a time trying to get nappy cream out of nappies whereas if it clogs up one or two fleece liners its no big deal as they are so cheap

x

Is microfibre and fleece different? *runs of to hide shame of her ignorance*

Don't feel daft - you often see fleece referred to as microfleece which I think is where the confusion comes from. Microfibre is the stuff that some cleaning cloths are made of. Stay dry Flip inserts and BG V3 inserts are made of it. Fleece is like a fleecy blanket :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->