• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hoping for a home birth

Ley

mum to 3 pinks
Reaction score
This is my third baby and I had my second daughter in hospital but with no pain relief at all. This time I would like to have a home birth with possibly a birthing pool.
My problem is that I have consultant led care and don't think I will be able to get them to agree to the home birth.

You'll need to speak to them hun but I'd do lots of research so that you went in armed with lots of information in the case that they try to blind you with science.

We are planning a HB for Missy, our first, and have been very lucky with the support we have had and I really wish everyone got the same level of care and respect that we have.

I can recommend a book called Birthing The Easy Way by Sheila Stubbs - a fantastic read that really made us sure we were doing the right thing :hugs:

xxx

i don't think they can refuse you one... they have to conform to your wishes i believe, after all it's your body and your baby... please correct me if i'm wrong ladies. x

I had consultant-led care due to previous depression, being rhesus negative and having PCOS. When I told my MW at 35 weeks that I'd changed my mind and wanted a home birth, I was really worried that she'd say no, but she was really encouraging (we only live 5 mins from the hospital if we needed to transfer). I don't think anyone can tell you that you can't have your baby at home. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->