Hoping for hospital birth with natural birthplan

MomentousZoe

Reaction score
Yeah, so I was REALLY hoping for a homebirth, but I guess that's illegal in Nova Scotia... !!!!!! Anyway, when I meet with this potential obstetrician who specializes in teen birth actually (I'm 17), I really hope she can cater to my wants... Really, I want it to be as homey an atmosphere as possible. I want as few doctors around me as possible, I want to give birth in a birthing pool or kneeling or squatting, not on a birthing table, I want NO intervention unless ABSOLUTELY necessary, I want my baby on my naked chest as soon as she's born, not taken away and put in a plastic box, and I would prefer less bright fluorescent lights, but I'll deal. Again, this is how I want it unless it's just not at all possible. I'm obviously open to altering things as necessary, but this is my ideal plan. I want my mom (who was also a teen momma) and boyfriend there as my protectors lol, because I've heard some nasty things about how the hospital around here treats teens.

So for those of you who were perhaps hoping for a home birth but it just wasn't possible, did you have good hospital experiences or not? I know every hospital and every doctor will be different, but what were your experiences with a natural birth plan in a hospital setting? Thanks a lot :)

Im in the USA and far from a teen but my experience with a natural hospital based birth was great. My Dr was very supportive of me and actually likes natural labors. The nursing staff did not pressure me in any way and my husband was a great support. I labored as long as I could at home, it relaxed me and reduced the liklihood of me caving in to the pain. It can be done! There are some great natural hospital based books that you and your birth partners could read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->