Hoping for info from women who have had:

Lilaala

LTTTC Alumni
Reaction score
I don't want to come across as insensitive, I can't imagine asking women who've suffered miscarriages what it's like to experience the D&C, but I'm booked for one (I've never been pregnant) and I'm scared.

My Gyno said that even though there was no polyp or anything visible on my ultrasound, he thinks it's a good idea to clear things out there in case one was small enough to be hiding from the scan, but still enough to need removing. (I have tons and tons of spotting with no hormonal problems, it's physical) I'm having a keyhole exploratory Laparoscopy at the same time in case there's some Endometriosis causing it. No endo symptoms, just the spotting. I'm really really nervous and want to talk to women who have been through these procedures.

I'm booked October 27th, just got the date today as I got someone else's spot who canceled.

I know the mechanics of the procedures, what I don't know is how you feel physically afterward, bleeding, pain, etc. They said only a week to recover, but I'll be spending the first night at someone else's house, am I going to get blood on their sheets? Will going to the bathroom be an issue?

Thanks much to anyone who replies.

I've not had one myself....but I would also like to know. My doc had mentioned it and honestly I had no idea what they were talking about till I got to Google.

i had a d&c in oct 07 the operation itself was actually fine emotionally i was a mess but as for the recover i didnt have too much bleeding just like a heavy period i had quite a lot of pain at night time for about 5 days just like severe period pain but nothing that paracetamol and codeine couldnt cope with. It was more the emotional pain rather than physical

Hi!

I had a D&C in Sept 08 due to missed miscarriage. The op was fine. Did not feel a thing as I was under general anesthesia. Afterward, I had some mild bleeding, like a medium period but this did not last very long. As for pain, I had only the occasional twinge in my uterus and this odd feeling as if something had been scraping the walls of my uterus (which it had!:)), a feeling that was not quite discomfort but unusual. I went on to conceive again in Dec 08 so the D&C had no negative effects on my fertility.

HTH.

All the best!

My mum had one last year for polyps, and had it with just a local anaestetic in the cervix and said it was unpleasant buy not awful. I picked her up an hour after and a day of resting afterwards and back to normal x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->