hoping i dont have to join you (in the nicest possible way!)

princesspie

Reaction score
hi everyone, ive been lingering for a few days now and reading some of your posts so i thought i had better say hi :wave::wave:
and ask a bit of advice :blush:

i will be 34 weeks tomorrow so i have 6 weeks to go, my pregnancy has been up and down from the word go, with spotting and a scare at 6 weeks when everyone thought i had a MC but things have been good the last few weeks, untill wednesday! i had a blood streaked mucasy show, quite alot! i called the hospital and was told not to panic and to go in if my waters broke or i got regular contractions, ive been taking it easy since and basically am too scared to move, i had no more discharge on thursday but a fair bit on friday, both bloody and brown (sorry for tmi) and have been having AF like pains since yesterday morning and another blob of clear mucas in the night, basically the hospital dont want to know unless im having regular strong contractions, im so scared!! ive been reading alot of info on the internet and i know a show doesnt mean an early baby and it can even grow back? but this is baby number 5 and ive never had anything like this, with my last 2 i had a show and a baby within days and also with the af pains i cant help but panic. feeling a bit selfish for even posting this now as some of you had your babies alot sooner than this so you must be thinking im lucky to go this far but i cant talk to anyone about this, my family havent even bothered to call and even my husband said he is fed up of hearing me moaning and will be glad when the baby is out :cry: i do have a very big bump so im hoping she is a good size anyway but i also know alot of that could be water, so what would it be like if she was born now, how much help would she need, i have no experience at all with prem babies and havent got a clue what to expect :cry:
feel like im playing a waiting game but im so relieved with each day that goes by!! hope you are all well xx

Hi and welcome,

I dont really have much to say, harry was a lot earlier then where your at but 34 weeks is a really good gestation! Have they given u steriods for the babies lungs? You might have to send a week or so in SCBU poss just with helping baby feed and what not or u might be able to take them straight home, havent really deat with nearly fully cooked babies, only undercooked ones xx

i think it doesnt really matter what gestation babies are born at some will need more help than others. i know its not a really good answer but i have been through things with my 38weeker that most people havent. no 2 pregnancies or babys are the same so it will all really depend on your own baby. i hope she keeps cooking for a while :hugs: and id just recommend taking it easy xxx

Hiya, My daughter was born at 36+1, I had a bloody show at 29 weeks, early labour started at 32 weeks, and the hospital managed to stop it until 36 weeks, with alot of medication/bed rest and steroids. A bloody show doesn't mean labour is about to commence, I bled all the way through my pregnancy, about 7-8 bleeds in total x

thankyou, the hospital havent offered me anything, they dont even want me to go for a check up untill my usual mw app on thursday so they cant be worried about me at all. thanks ladies xxx

My friend had a show at 34 weeks and had baby on his due date! So it doesn't always mean labour is imminent.. I met lots of 34/35 weekers in hospital, some needed a little help regulatin their temperature, and extra help to learn how to feed, some 35 weekers avoided neonatal altogether. Every baby is different.. good luck hun

thank you, well it looks like my little girl has decided to stay put for a while longer :) ive had no more pains and the discharge has calmed down alot :) and ive been doing alot of reading and realised how lucky i would be even if she did come now as she would stand a very very good chance of being ok.

thanks everyone for your reasurance i was so scared this time last week and imagining all sorts of problem i dont know how you ladies cope with what you do. i wish you all the very best with your little bundles of joy xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

omg princess!! awww. Hang tight hun. You and me were bump buddies!!!!! you can message me anytime on facebook if you like to talk. Happy things have calmed down for you. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->