Hoping it is still possible.

nov_mum

Reaction score
Hi all

Well, I was completely keen on the idea of a home birth after two inductions for Preeclampsia. I was told it often comes on slower and later and I was running true to form in that my last baby was induced at 38 weeks, so term. I was hoping that I wouldn't become symptomatic at all but 22 weeks I ended up on meds for BP. Not super high but high enough to cause visual disturbances, horrible head aches and require some meds. 8 weeks on and I am still having some BP spikes but 95% of the time well managed by my meds. I am really hoping that if I don't get any further deterioration I can birth at home. My MWs haven't ruled it out but they are less than optimistic given my history.

The long and short of it is, I have been trying to do some research around BP and home birth and I can't find much as everyone, it seems, ends up in hospital. Does anyone have any BP problems and still have the support of their MWs etc to birth at home. Mine was sitting around 140-150/90-105 before meds. Mostly it's in the 130's/80s but at night sometimes can get to 140/90s. So not super high and baby is growing fantastically, in fact ahead of dates slightly. I birth quickly (2.75 and 1.5hrs) and have no complications.

What do you guys think?? Am I really being deluded to think I could still avoid hospitals and be at home with my family for this birth??

if things dont deteriorate then id say you have a good chance it will be down to when your body decides to labour though since you have been induced before you dont know if you would natrually carry to 40wks or beyond which would make your MW's quite antsy i would imagine given your history. hope you can though

Thanks for your reply : ) I am getting more pessimistic by the day but have ordered my hypnobirthing cd and book anyway in the hope that it might come in useful whereever I end up : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->