Hormonal headache and migraines

Indi84

Reaction score
Anyone else getting them?

I had two huge migraines the first time around in second tri, to the point they made me vomit etc and lots of bad headaches.

I've started with the headaches and nothing helps, any ideas?

Paracetamol is barely helping, I've been drinking loads of water and using those 4head things, the strips you can wear and the roll on stick.

I wish I could take a migraine tablet and be done! I've got my 16 week midwife app today so will see what she says.

I average about 3 migraines a month normally, since getting pregnant that number has actually gone down. I get an aura 30 minutes prior to the migraine and usually if I take Tylenol during this phase it helps immensely. I also get a lot of headaches that come without warning too. Changes in blood flow can trigger and relieve them. Drinking a small cup of caffeinated coffee or tea can help, taking a warm bath, believe it or not an orgasm can both trigger and relieve a migraine. Sleeping always helps me. I heard short bursts of vigorous exercise can relieve them sometimes, something with cardio that gets the blood pumping.

I get headaches that last for a couple days at a time now, fortunately no migraines, aside from tyenol I find that a cold compress or bag of ice on my neck gives some relief.

I've been suffering with this too. Never had migraines before I was pregnant and now I have had a few (complete with nausea/vomiting), and have woken up with a 'normal' headache for the last 5 days in a row now. Like you, I've also been using paracetamol, 4Head (although I hate the smell) and Migraleive strips.:.

My mum taught me many years ago to soak a flannel in vinegar and put it on your forehead... It sounds mental (and obviously smells quite potent!), but it did actually used to work - I haven't tried it in this pregnancy yet (I think the thought of the smell has put me off), but I will be trying it again, next time I get a bad one!

Yes I am a migraine sufferer anyway but last week or so I've had one continuous migraine. Cold compress and dark room usually helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->